What did you do to your LS today?

Thank you. They are the originals. When I pulled them off to paint the grille and surround, I sanded the black off the back and painted them red. Certain I read that on here somewhere.
The grill insert is gutter guard from Lowe's. Was under $3 and was just big enough to fit, with some trimming of course.

Thanks BigRig. I really like your silver LS and would have preferred a wheel style like yours but I couldn't pass up the deal on these. They're a little old but have less than 2k miles on them with Nitto 555s.

quick wash and detail

:)

IMG_20150718_143501.jpg

IMG_20150717_191050.jpg

Is that the reflector emblem? I might be coming around on my opinion on it..

It's been 2.5 months since I've driven mine. Not having it really puts a damper on my mood when I see it. Just about all of the projects got put on hold because I have no motivation to do anything with the car.

But today I made a little bit of progress. One thing led to another and I washed both cars and dechromed the driver side windows of the LS with the vinyl striping. Once I got a technique and rhythm going, it was pretty easy. I also pulled off the rear cover of the driver seat and found my suspicions to be true: the little metal hook I found under the seat when I first got the car is, in fact, from the lumbar spring. Should be easy to fix next time I'm around a junkyard

2015-07-22 22.17.01.jpg

2015-07-22 22.17.01.jpg

..........in fact, from the lumbar spring. Should be easy to fix next time I'm around a junkyard

Is the lumbar support piece adjustable up and down? I feel like mine sits super high. Definitely above my lumbar.

( You dropped this / )

Most likely not. It's just a flexible sheet of metal that the cable pulls down on to bend it outward. If you really wanted to, maybe you could brace the upper portion to stiffen it so it can't bend. That should move the peak a little further down

( You dropped this / )

Most likely not. It's just a flexible sheet of metal that the cable pulls down on to bend it outward. If you really wanted to, maybe you could brace the upper portion to stiffen it so it can't bend. That should move the peak a little further down

Thanks for picking that up for me. I appreciate it. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Maybe its because I sit so low. I dunno. The seat is as far down and as far back as it can go. I'm 6'2". So maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows.

This is true. On most of the other cars I have/had, the seat back went up and down with the seat bottom.

This is true. On most of the other cars I have/had, the seat back went up and down with the seat bottom.

[In my observation] Fancier/newer cars tend to move your seat bottom independent of the seat back. There may be a correlation with power reclining, now that I think about it, which still coincides with fancier/newer.

I have my seat all the way down and haven't noticed a high lumbar position... but mine's been broken during my entire ownership :)

... There may be a correlation with power reclining, now that I think about it...

There may be some correlation, but it is not complete. Most of my cars have had power recline, but the seat backs still moved up and down with the seat bottom. I do agree about it being a fancier/newer sort of thing.

[In my observation] Fancier/newer cars tend to move your seat bottom independent of the seat back. There may be a correlation with power reclining, now that I think about it, which still coincides with fancier/newer.

I have my seat all the way down and haven't noticed a high lumbar position... but mine's been broken during my entire ownership :)

The seat back moves with the seat bottom in my 2012 535......

It's funny you should mention this. It seems the panther cars have the connected seat back and bottom. I drove black Towncar for a limo company for a while and even they had it that way. Needless to say, I never really felt connected to the cars like I was going to fall out of the seat.

So I did the clock spring today. Got all my media buttons back....YAY! Will test the cruise control later but I'm sure it's a go as well. The horn definitely works again. Nothing scarier than a big truck coming into your lane and frantically hitting the horn to no avail.

It's not a corolla!
image.jpg

But I still have the airbag light. Giving me a blinking code of 36. It was 26 before IIRC. May not have been. But I want to think it was. Grrrrrrr. About to run new sub lines and backup camera feed to the radio.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

...But I still have the airbag light. Giving me a blinking code of 36. It was 26 before IIRC. May not have been. But I want to think it was. Grrrrrrr. ...

I don't know what LFC 26 would be. 36 is Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground. It could be the air bag itself, it could be wiring, it could be the RCM, or it could still be the new clockspring.

I don't know what LFC 26 would be. 36 is Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground. It could be the air bag itself, it could be wiring, it could be the RCM, or it could still be the new clockspring.

Could this be the little yellow wire situation under the driver seat I read about a while back?

Actually, the airbag light isn't coming on anymore.Maybe there had to be some type of cycle in the system? Hmmm

Edit:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

^ Hey there's that MEN IN BLACK Lincoln LS again! +1

Going to get the entire exhaust system professionally redone today, not sure if the guy only wanted to look at it today or completes the work same day, I originally said I could leave it with him for a week but I changed my mind on that, so'll see if it's something he had planned on doing same day.

OBJECTIVE:
- Undo all that nasty crooked uneven miswelded nonsense that drunken sailor put on couple seasons ago. (left hanger came loose)

PLAN:
- Gut CATS
- Built X pipe, move into more forward position.
- Straight pipes to the rear. Tucked up much higher.
- Reuse current Bassani mufflers. (only two summers old, still mint)
- Custom tail pipes, nothing special other then pipe cut on angle (will rattle-can them w/ high heat flat back)

We'll see how it goes ~

This happened this morning on the way to work.....:wave

Lucky 7's
77777.7.jpg

77777.7.jpg

Members online

Back