What did you do to your LS today?

way over priced since you can get (a better looking) 2nd gen LSE/06 bumper for a fraction of that...

but then again, if you just wrecked your ultra rare 1st gen LSE.... supply and demand sucka!

Washed it for the fifth time this week , stupid rain :mad:

Screenshot_2015-06-30-20-48-42-1.jpg

did you put any glossifier or satin over the dip, or is that just the matte finish?

2 passes with DYC topcoat for a Satin Finish , all depends on the lighting too

20150622_175212.jpg

IMG_20150627_232133.jpg

Izzy, my folks snowbird 6 months out of the year on Ulmerton Road in Clearwater, I met Robot in that area for some drinks, next Christmas I make it down there, we'll have to meet up. I would be LS'less as it doesn't fit on a plane but I'm sure Robot would let me borrow his scooter! hehehe ....

That would be cool. I have met Manoli and I mean to get out to see Robot at the meets he goes to in St Pete weekly. But I always get busy. We just bought a house too so I have been super busy with that. It would be cool to meet up with some people from here.

Oh....and to keep on topic.....I changed out my right brake light. Didn't need to do anything to get the error message to go away.

8 coils, 8 plugs. Anything less is asking for more down time because Cyl 6 will misfire in a month, or maybe Cyl 1 in a week, or Cyl 3 in two months. I can't comment on BWD

8 cylinders means 8 spark plug wells means 8 spark plug well gaskets

BWD, not the best brand in the world but decent nonetheless. Replace them all at once, COPs and plugs, otherwise you'll be under the hood forever. NGK makes an excellent plug, BTW.

... Then again, the Facebook LS group is filled with people who paid like $8000 on 15 year old LSes via loans.

Good to know, this is where I shall post my LS for sale .... TELCO !!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Lincol...-02-/151728236877?hash=item2353b5294d&vxp=mtr

Edit: Or am I just totally off base with the value? I can't see spending probably 1/3 the car's worth for a bumper

Take a look at the Sellers' name "CackParts" ... should read "OnCrackParts"

Finally got the wiper arms redone (powder coated)

Really nice ... I cleaned mine up some time ago, they are looking a bit rough already, I might just try your idea as well. +1

Really nice ... I cleaned mine up some time ago, they are looking a bit rough already, I might just try your idea as well. +1
Thanks! Was actually going to do a rattle-can job (sand, etching primer, paint, clear), but the time, trouble and cost of materials made that a dumb choice.

Waited for a large batch of parts at Custom Powder Coating (wasn't picky about the shade of black), and got it sandblaster and coated for just $15 :D

^ Yeah, makes the most sense for a longer lasting result, we've got a powder coating shop near us, so I'll have to get on it. The rattle can process doesn't last more then a couple of years, prep depending of course.

- Had the Black 03 LS out for a good decent errand run this evening, on the way back stopped by the quick self wash and gave it some attention, all cleaned up and treated the tires when I got back home. Runs good, rear end not near as tight as my silver 01.

Fun fun fun ... ;)

Replaced driver's brake caliper this weekend. Thanks hite, it arrived perfectly!

Well, I have the LS off the road for a bit while I drive around my Mustang GT a bit but today I bought a 2004 Jaguar S-Type for really cheap. Bought it sight unseen but the pictures look nice, Once I get it here from California I guess I have to decide whether to keep the Lincoln (2000 V8) or the Jag (I have no idea of what motor it has :-( )

I noticed some rust spots on the garage floor after a rainy day along one side of the car between the front and rear wheels. There were areas under the rocker panels, where the sheet metal edges are joined, that the under coating came off and there was surface rust, including the jack-up points. I lifted each side on stands, brushed off the surface rust, masked off the area and sprayed the whole side with Dupli-Color Rust Fix; did that on both sides of the car. That should stop any further rusting.

Put on new rotors and pads, cleaned and regreased all the slide pins, checked the dust boots (no problems).

ls_pic_06.jpg

I drove it then this happened. :confused:

My advance trac light and ABS lights came on. Got the "check advance trac" message on the cluster. Thought "great, fvcker"

Then about a mile away from home it just completely shut down. I coasted into a parking lot and let it sit for a few minutes. Tried to start it up, nothing but clicking. Another few minutes. Clicking again. Called AAA. The guy wanted to jump it but my speakers are I. The trunk. So he asked me to let him hear the clicking noise. D@mn thing started right up. No idiot lights and my trip meter had reset.

I think I'm having an issue with the battery terminals but they were tight when I pulled out the speaker box. So I had them take if in anyways. Grrrr.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Replaced 8 Ignition Coils (Motorcraft) fixed 2 connectors and blasted around town

My LS was popping multiple codes; misfire in the first 1000 revs and misfire on several cylinders. My mechanic replaced 2 ignition coils and recommended that I replace the other 6 which were made up of various brands.

While I heard the recommendation on this forum that you should use only one brand, I didn't heed the advice. Now that I have, the engine feels very strong again and the idle is incredibly smoooth.

I am in love with my LS all over again.20150712_095123.jpg

20150712_095123.jpg

replacing the m3 trunk spoiler with the new 414 trunk spoiler from Spoilerking

So pictures or it's a corolla? Yeah, it's a corolla anyways. EFF that! Rented a car because I gotta get to work tomorrow since the shop the LS is at didn't bother to call me yesterday and is closed on Sundays.....a$$holes.

They gave me a corolla at the rental place. Ba$tards.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stopped to see Geoffrey on my way to work this AM.

As I suspected....alternator. The guy at the shop this morning says "well it's starts right up. It drove fine for me"

My reply "what's the voltage it's charging at?" He didn't even check it. WTF?

So I made him pull out the meter. It started out @ 13.85. So I already knew. He tried to tell me anything over 12 is good.

I explained that it should be over 14 on the LS.

He looked at me funny. I told him to put it under load (max AC, radio, lights on) started dropping within a minute 13.27 then 12.75 then 11.60.

I just looked at him and said please put in a new alternator like I asked.

I'm also having them put a new battery. He said that one was good. But I discovered it wasn't a vented one, the little vent hose was just sitting against the battery so it looked like it was vented.

It's good measure to change it anyways cause a bad battery will kill a new alternator and visa versa.

$550 total out the door. Ain't bad.

^ told ya it was probably your alternator on it's way out.

Had the 01 out for a spin ... drivers' side Bassani clunking around, hanger not welded on very well, one tail pipe now hangs lower then the other.

~ Good thing I had my Orange Juice today!

Color matched my grille and rear surround. Also did a little custom grille work with the black insert and red emblems. Then added some new to me wheels. Hopefully there is a drop in my future.

uploadfromtaptalk1436846022778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436846078738.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436846151729.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436846022778.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436846078738.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436846151729.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back