Offical Good bye to LVC

Trippen Out

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked up an 08 300c.

No longer keeping the 96 mark viii. sad to say it doesnt even run anymore. I think its just a position crank sensor but not 100 percent on that.

In addition to parting ways with LVC what is left of the car is up for sale to anyone local willing to pay 800 for it as is. There are still some good parts on it like the IRMC's less then 4k miles on them practically new when installed. the vrcm and any other hard to find 96 part. has 4.10s with locker in the rear. its lowered on blues. no stereo. has the hid lights. with after market bulbs. dlf adapters. also had the dlf spring isolaters for the coil kit. some pretty good parts left on this thing. has custom tune on the pcm from lonnie as well as the sct tuner included. the paint is not pretty at all. its part of the reason why i parked it and the oil leaks. its a steal for anyone looking to race the car really. the transmission has a dirty dog seperator plate with upgraded parts in it as well. jmod on roids is a good way to describe it.

I have had my 300c for a while now. I will say that honestly this is one of the best forums for a car that i know. the people here are great and always willing to help and that is truly missed by me on some of the other forums out there for other rides. Thank you to everyone that helped me in the pass. I will check this thread for the next week or two in case someone is interested. After that it hits craigslist. if i still can not find anyone to save this car from the yard then I will stripe the 96 specific parts to the best of my ability. list them on ebay for obscene prices and put the car in the yard for others to pick apart.

It was a pleasure having you around. I hope you can unload the car to someone that'll take the time to check it over, it would be a shame to partially strip it and then take it to a yard when it could be a somewhat simple fix. I get it though, just time to drive something made this decade.. :)

Hope you enjoy the new ride!

I have to be honest. i really do enjoy the 300c. it is an amazing ride for sure. As for the Mark. I really dont wish to strip it down and junk it. I am just under pressure to get it off the property. Personally id like to keep it and slowly rebuild it but that isnt an option for me.

I'm very tempted. If you can't sell it, I can offer storage space at my place for a while.

I will certainly keep this in mind.

I think I will try and sweeten this deal a little bit. If there is anyone interested in towing the car off for an even 1000 dollars Ill also throw in a set of kooks headers another vrcm as a spare as well as an additional sunroof glass. I also failed to mention that it does have a 1 peice drive shaft installed as well.

Could you post some pics? And you may want to clear your inbox.

Could you post some pics? And you may want to clear your inbox.

Mark I received an email informing me of the inbox situation after you tried to send me one. I have since cleared out the old messages and made room for new ones. Thank you. As for pictures I have been requested by a few people to send them some. I will get some tomorrow and have them posted for everyone.

Just to follow up. I havnt forgot about the pictures. we got hit some pretty crap storms today not really ideal picture taking weather. I think ill probably just grab a quick video and walk around the car and post it to you tube. i think that would give you a better idea how things are.

I feel the car was taken over by someone who will make sure its treated correctly. Either breath life into it or use it to keep the life of another. Nice meeting you mark0101.

Picked up a gen2 300c also. Love the car, perfect for the new addition to our family. Had it for a year now. It dwarfs my VIII's when parked next to them.

Best wishes Trippen, hope you enjoy yours. It's been great having you here at LvC.

I agree it would of been a shame to have it goto the yard.

@97 Octane thanks. ill probably still slum the forums from time to time never know when a question might pop up that i could answer to help out another user.

After the whole towing debacle, finally got it home. Thanks for everything Larry. And if you could thank your dad for letting the car stay there for an extra day.

IMG_0492_zps0hd2gwwe.jpg

So tried jump starting the car but that didn't work. Thought we would return the car to stock tune to see if that makes a difference. After returning it to stock, the car started right up. The garage filled with exhaust fumes but it ran smoothly and idled fine. We then tried to move the car but it wouldn't go into gear. Checked the tranny fluid level and didn't see anything on the dip stick. Filled it up with 4-5 quarts of mercon and it finally shifted into drive.

[video]https://youtu.be/09q-FFK_JBo[/video]

Took it for a ride and finally gave the car some work out. Man there is some serious wheel hope and the car is loud even though it has a factory exhaust. Noticed the car was overheating a little bit so we took it home and parked it in the garage. Turned it off and heard fluid gushing out from under the car. It was coolant from the reservoir and I know all too well why that's happening. Anyways, time take the parts and put it in my other Mark VIIIs. But I tell ya after it started, my plans had changed from it being a parts car to something we could fix. Too bad it seems like a head gasket just like my old Mark VIII.

So tried jump starting the car but that didn't work. Thought we would return the car to stock tune to see if that makes a difference. After returning it to stock, the car started right up. The garage filled with exhaust fumes but it ran smoothly and idled fine. We then tried to move the car but it wouldn't go into gear. Checked the tranny fluid level and didn't see anything on the dip stick. Filled it up with 4-5 quarts of mercon and it finally shifted into drive.

[video]https://youtu.be/09q-FFK_JBo[/video]

Took it for a ride and finally gave the car some work out. Man there is some serious wheel hope and the car is loud even though it has a factory exhaust. Noticed the car was overheating a little bit so we took it home and parked it in the garage. Turned it off and heard fluid gushing out from under the car. It was coolant from the reservoir and I know all too well why that's happening. Anyways, time take the parts and put it in my other Mark VIIIs. But I tell ya after it started, my plans had changed from it being a parts car to something we could fix. Too bad it seems like a head gasket just like my old Mark VIII.

I wouldnt be so fast to assume head gasket. ive had that problem in the past a few times. typically it was air in the system. I find it odd that it wouldnt start with the tune in place. i never even thought about trying to turn it back to stock. since ya got to drive it. did you get to see what i was talking about with that separator plate in the transmission. that car was so much fun to drive. no matter what you do to it. im still happy knowing that it went to someone of this community and that either it will be restores or used to keep the life of a couple other marks. much better then letting it rot in a yard for some dill hole to rip the parts and rape users one bay for em.

I wouldnt be so fast to assume head gasket. ive had that problem in the past a few times. typically it was air in the system. I find it odd that it wouldnt start with the tune in place. i never even thought about trying to turn it back to stock. since ya got to drive it. did you get to see what i was talking about with that separator plate in the transmission. that car was so much fun to drive. no matter what you do to it. im still happy knowing that it went to someone of this community and that either it will be restores or used to keep the life of a couple other marks. much better then letting it rot in a yard for some dill hole to rip the parts and rape users one bay for em.

I did give it a run to 40 MPH but let off right before the shift cuz I didn't know about the tires (had put stock tires) and it had been raining before that. I still felt what you were talking about though.

I will do a compression test to see if it's a head gasket to confirm but its acting just like my car when it turned out to be a HG. At this point, we are thinking about putting most of your mods on my brothers 93 and keeping the LSC parts for a rainy day.

BTW here is his car/progress thread
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?90209-93-Mark-VIII-Progress-Thread

Let me know. I am super curious. i did suspect that issue a while ago. is here one of the threads http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?94507-Cooling-system-over-flowing-reservoir I ended up putting a new coolant cap on it and a couple other things and it did go way for a while. Also don't forget to grab the plate out of the trans. im pretty sure its 96 only and I know dirty dog doesnt make em for that year any more. you should be able to get a few dollars for it as its basically a jmod ready to go.

Members online

Back