Stolen and totalled ls

Smokes

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Some delinquents broke into my house and stole my 01 Ls V6 took the car joyriding around the West Bay district last night. Went and reported it and when police spotted them they mashed out and police gave chase and they ended up running thru someone yard and lost control and slammed into a very big coconut tree dead center in the front. Needles to say he whole front is written off and insurance don't cover it but im not throwing in the towel just yet on the old girl as she is my favorite car so im gonna do her right and will post some pics when i get her back from the police but basically just looking at it last night this is what i saw busted:

Hood
Grill
Bumper supports
Bumper cover
Fan
Radiator
Trans cooler
Condenser
Headlights

IMG-20150628-WA002.jpg

IMG-20150628-WA002.jpg

oh yeah, that's totaled...

sh!tty, hate fukcing thieves

so your car insurance isn't covering it? as in they are not calling it a total loss and cutting you a check for the car? so you didn't have full coverage?

well since they broke into your house, was the car parked in the driveway or a garage? if so you should be able to claim it on homeowners insurance... maybe give them a call (if you have it)

Well down here the only option available for this age car is third party risk but I have to go see them in the morning to confirm and yes the car was in the garage with the keys in it. Also I don't have homeowners either that's only required if you have a mortgage on your house.

Every thing is wiped out up to the coolant x pipe in the middle but the fenders aren't touched and underneath looks good and the car started right up and drove out to the main road where they put it on the police wrecker so im looking a few parts to say the least so I can get my baby fixed.

Yea one got away but they got the driver and I felt like ****ing him up real proper when they had him but it took everything in me not to because he was cuffed in the squad car.
So now the journey begins to find these parts cuz you cant get anything on this island for this car but i do have a shipper in Miami that can send them down if i can find some decent salvage stuff near there so im trying to reach out to a few ppl over there for help. Does anyone know if Lsemex04 still on here?.............Or anyone know any good salvage near stuff near Miami that i can get?

on a side note... 2 things... why wouldn't you have some sort of homeowners ins even if its
paid off ? ...and why leave keys in car, even in the garage ?

sorry for the loss, but that car is fubar'd.

Ok ............insurance here is optional for houses once you don't have a note and my house is not fancy but well maintained so me and a lot of people I know simply choose to "self insure" due to the astronomical rates down here on property. Cars however is mandatory but ones over 6 years can only get third party unless you want to spend mega dough which could be saved for everything else that we pay double for because of customs duties on everything you buy as we have no income tax.
As far as the car goes the garage door was closed and the key inside but it wouldn't have made a difference if it was inside the kitchen on the hook they were gonna take what they wanted to unless I had been home to shoot them first.

On A side note, can the mods or anyone link or email- Lsemex04- from Miami and tell him that I sent him a pm?

Please and Thanks in advance guys.

Sorry to hear about your car. That really sucks. Get a civil suit started against the driver. You may not get any money from them today but one day they'll want to buy a house or something...

My wife's 2002 Ls is up for grabs. Complete no body issues except for a little peeling paint on the front fenders. I know you are far away but it is an option.

Im thinking that at some point gonna need to get another one to have parts for the long haul if im gonna keep this car so ill take a look at the logistics as the closest shipping port to Cayman is Miami or Tampa........but yea I will send you a pm and see whats up. Thanks

I don't know if the laws are the same in Florida but here is what would happen in Minnesota. If you sue someone for the value of the car and win the lawsuit you will obtain a Judgment against them. (There is no reason that you would lose this one.) If the Judgment is from property damage as the result of a traffic incident you have other rights than a straight Judgment for say a collection or monies owed you from a debt. So if the defendant does not pay your Judgment you can file with the State and get their license revoked until they pay the Judgement. The jerk might not have a license or will already have it revoked because of this incident, but it is a hook that gets things paid. This can only be done if the Judgment is from motor vehicle property damage. I assume that Florida will have a similar law. Check with the FL DMV to see if you can get the license revoked. If it were me I would go after both of them in a civil suit. Doubles your chances of collection. I sued a driver as a result of property damage and I DID collect very quickly after I revoked their license. It gets their attention!

Good luck!

It seems very unlikely that the state of Florida would have any legal jurisdiction over a British territory...

I dunno, hasn't stopped the courts from passing judgement over Argentine debts. I do agree with Smokes on getting a parts LS though. There are few enough LS's around to begin with, he's probably got the only one on his island.

Yea U.S laws wouldn't apply here but we have civil options here too but in most cases a waste of time and more money to recover from bums that's cant pay so im just gonna try gather the parts to fix it................and there are two other Ls's here one gen 1 like mine and a silver 04 but both of them are daily drivers and the owners don't want to sell at present, I already checked both of them last week so I dunno yet.

Ok been a minute but finally making progress: Replaced front lower crossmember, pwr steering lines and A/c lines, fan, radiator, condenser, trans cooler so far and everything looking pretty straight........haven't installed the fan as yet due to needing a hose for the dccv and to fix a red vacuum line that got cut so im gonna change motor oil+filter, trans filter+fluid and diff while im waiting on more stuff then im gonna fill all fluids an start this bitch up and see what happens and check for any leaks.

Also im still waiting on my carbon hood and bumper assy so im gonna do what I can now that I got some time and leave all the easy stuff for last.

Members online

No members online now.
Back