Head Gasket Replacement after Stroker Build

Danson

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, New to the forum here and looking for some advice on my new 1997 Mark VIII , I purchased the car not knowing the head gasket was gone (Cooling system pressurizing and coolant and oil mixing). This car was built about 6 years ago and you can see the mods in the Youtube Video below. My question is what do you guys recommend for head gaskets or is this going to be a normal occurrence with 15 pounds of boost? Thank You for you help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOw0-96mOpk
DSC_05051.jpg

DSC_04791.jpg

thank you i will be picking them up from ford next week, is that something i can fix with the sct tuner?

Need some more help guys!! got the car all done and it popped the head gasket again after 1000 kms cooling system is pressurizing again, i used the stock mls gaskets should i use the 03 cobra gaskets they are a different part number???

Yes both were checked and yes studs were used. last couple days i was driving it it would misfire under boost and i got a no start with no fuel at the motor until i unhooked the battery and plugged it back in and she fired right up and ran no problem, until i shut it off.

are you sure its a head gasket? Are you seeing bubbles in the coolant tank? It might be a bad gasket at the oil filter housing.

Definitely head gasket i put a brand new gasket at the housing and when i pulled the little cap off the crossover tube you could see the timing when the water was shooting out, and when i drained the oil there was a bit of water in there not a crazy amount aswell as a few pieces of the black layer off the head gasket and it is the left bank same as before i want to slap a set of 03 cobra gaskets in there but i dont want this to happen again

Sounds like you need to get that car tuned "again". Also check to make sure your meth kit is working 100%.

that is what i figured, the car was tuned by alternative auto a while ago and the meth is leaking it needs a new pump but is still working fine what is a retune going to run on this thing and should i take it to alternative auto again?? thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.
Back