Gen 1 Cobra intake Swap

wkokaneeman

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that has done a complete Cobra intake swap on a gen 1 Mark VIII? I'd like to hear from you. thinking about doing it, and need details, and I have to make a decision quickly. Thanks!

I wanted to do the same thing with mine but from what I gave read on here it's not really worth it. I have read on here that the gen1 intake is the better between the gen1 and gen2. And I think also compared to the Cobra intake.

Others that know for sure will chime in on it.

I think most of us know that the gen 1 intake is better than the gen 2's. but I'd really like to hear from those that have done the cobra to gen 1 cobra intake swap, and what they have to say about what is involved to do it, and the positives & negatives of the swap. I need to make a decision in the next 2-3 days. a guy I know that has the intake is heading my way for the 4th celebration, and he can bring it with him and save me shipping costs.

From what I know, the wiring harness is the biggest impediment to installing the Cobra intake on a Gen1.

photo 2-1.jpg

I started the install on the '96 but stalled waiting for parts and never picked it back up.

test_fit.jpg

photo 2-1.jpg

test_fit.jpg

In addition to the wiring. clearance is an issue as well. You will either need to do some trickery down below or get a cowl hood so that it fits.

Members online

No members online now.
Back