Wheels - Should I stay with stock 17" or go to 18"? Anyone have 18"?

rtk05

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need new wheels. I have the 2001 17" stock 5-spoke chrome wheel, but theyre corroded. I was looking for them but I cant find a good pair for a decent price.

So I started looking at the same wheel in brushed aluminum, but not sure i want that.

Then I was thinking of getting the 2004 LS 17" 8-spoke chrome wheel, but havent found good ones yet

I really like the way the 17" chrome looks. I think its perfect for the car and isnt overly flashy. Its compliments the car perfect. But i think im gonna have trouble finding them.

I dont really want 18" chrome aftermarket wheel because its just too custom for me. I was thinking of 18" polished aluminum. I think theyll last longer. But again I like the chrome.

Anyone have 18" wheels? Have some pics?

theres more than a few running 18's around here, check out the pic thread stickied at the top of the main LS page.

IMHO 18" is about the perfect size for the LS, most 20's are too big (and larger is just plain ridiculous) and you lose too much of the quality ride having to go to tires that low. a couple of the best LS's to roll through here were on 19"s but its really an hard(er) to find a good selection in tire size. so yeah, 18"s look great (as long as the wheel looks great lol)

IMG_20140508_200247.jpg

18's look pretty decent on an LS. I bought these off of a member here a couple years ago.

IMG_20140508_200247.jpg

theres more than a few running 18's around here, check out the pic thread stickied at the top of the main LS page.

IMHO 18" is about the perfect size for the LS, most 20's are too big (and larger is just plain ridiculous) and you lose too much of the quality ride having to go to tires that low. a couple of the best LS's to roll through here were on 19"s but its really an hard(er) to find a good selection in tire size. so yeah, 18"s look great (as long as the wheel looks great lol)
I have 20`s on mine and rides good

Not sure if you can find the 5 spoke chrome 17s from an 06 :

Just came across an ad for just 4 of those the other day (trouble is in Canada, near Buffalo) ... "Asking $400.00 of best offer. Moving and need to clear out."

17" obviously.

I run with 19" on mine,

20130812_130656.jpg

20130812_130656.jpg

Just came across an ad for just 4 of those the other day (trouble is in Canada, near Buffalo) ... "Asking $400.00 of best offer. Moving and need to clear out."
Interesting. I've rarely seen an LS in the wild with my wheels, though to be fair, I'd say ~60% of the LSes that I see are Gen1s.
Sadly though, ~80% of all the LSes I've spotted are in various states of neglect :mad:

I've yet to see anyone sporting the LVC decal, except for that one silver LS that looked identical to mine somewhere in the midwest awhile back.

I have staggered jaguar 18s and love them , got to lower the car to make it perfect

IMG_20150623_161445.jpg

Wow. 19 Vulcans look really nice. Those 18s look nice too. What do you guys think of these....

00H0H_9iyrlyUYcsx_600x450.jpg

00H0H_9iyrlyUYcsx_600x450.jpg

Im either going with those above, or the stock brushed aluminum below....

jAH.jpg

jAH.jpg

Its copper not gold , its just a photo shop to show the 18s better , I have anthracite wheels , definetly a better choice

I'm happy with my 18's. Big enough to clear any sane brakes I might want to put on, small enough to have a sidewall that does something, and they look good on the car to me.

Members online

Back