Oh yeah!!! $hyt just got real!!!

BigBalla39213

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm removing my intake to replace the Throttle Body Coolant Hose.

20150620_164357_1434836820237.jpg

I hope you are going to replace elbow while you have the intake off. If you haven't replaced the cross over very recently, that and the degas should be done too.

It could just be me, but that intake valley looks like it's seen more than it's share of orange motorcraft coolant.

I would clean it all up with some degreaser. As self-biased as that sounds, I definitely recommend you replace your whole cooling system. Or at least replace the 9499 elbow before your reassemble your intake manifold. Personally I'd recommend replacing the entire plastic cooling junction, just because even if you were to replace the elbow now, you will have to put some stress on it when you install the structure that connects to the front of it. Last thing you want to happen is to over tighten your new elbow to the engine block, reinstall everything and drive the car until it decides to overheat again (probably soon, and it's not questionable, it will happen). Then when you actually bite the bullet and purchase the cooling plastics to install, you crack your previously installed elbow at it's base.

Likely? Probably just as likely as it's not. Just buy it all at once so you can assemble it all and have ease of installation while everything is apart. Oh, and the peace of mind is well worth it.

Everything else has been changed already. I fired it up when I got done and the hose clamp under the coolant tank started leaking. So now I'm fixing it today.

Members online

Back