Miseed Connections, Spotted LSes, and Casual Encounters

:)

white ls.jpg

I did a stupid trip from central NJ to Taneytown Maryland. Took 95/NJTP/95 down, came back on PA-30 and 76. Spotted 5 LSes I think. The most notable first: Following a rumbling red Vic or Marquis on 95 south in MD or DE. Tailgated a guy, I came up behind in a black Escape, then you exited. About 2 or 3pm.

NCM_0864.jpg

I also saw a white Gen 1 on the northbound shoulder on either NJTP or the other 95. About 3 or 4 or 2 or 1pm. I don't know any more.

Gen 2 tan with white magnetic ad on the side. 95 northbound in DE/MD, about 3pm

Girl driving a silver (maybe) LS onto PA-30 (maybe) with passengers.

One more somewhere else.

This trip. Oi. Well, my fault. I overslept, left for Taneytown Maryland late, made a detour for crab cakes, only to find out it was an expensive sitdown restaurant, left, made it back with 15 minutes to spare before the dealership closed. Well, more expensive and more time consuming than I wanted. $19 for a crabcake?? I just wanted a greasetruck burger-looking 'cake. Oh well. Next time.

NCM_0864.jpg

interstate_95_state_map.gif

I've been down to Baltimore a numebr of tiems and this always effin gets me. I take the NJ Turnpike. It's I-95. I take it south from exit 8, cross the Delaware river, and continue on I-95 all the way to the Baltimore area. Simple. The way back? Confusing. I only learned this a year or two ago. There are two parallel sections of I-95 that don't meet, don't connect, don't even look at each other. As a NJ resident, I onyl knew the NJTP as I-95. Imagine my confusion the first time driving north on 95 in Delaware and having to choose whether I want I-95 OR the NJTP. Who designed this? The Delware 95 continues North into PA, then has the gall to dip into NJ around Trenton for 10 miles or so. Just when you think the sh!t will hit the fan as it approaches our beloved NJTP/95, BAM, it turns into I-295, turns around, and then runs parallel to NJTP-95. What's that? You want more confusion? Let's get another highway running from Trenton (near the DE/PA 95) across 295 and NJTP-95 and call it... 195. So now you can mix up 195 and I-95.

Look at how simple it looks. Look at it.

View attachment 828472646

Now zoom. Enhance. Zoom. Enhance. Zoom. Enhance. Proceed to WTF. Pictures aren't even consistent. This version shows 95 curling under Trenton. That's a lie. That's the east end of I-276.

1024px-Interstate_95_in_New_Jersey_map.svg.png

This one shows it sharply turning north. Also a lie (and would create north/south confusion). That's I-295. That's not even the easiest way to travel to Delaware's section of I-95, considering the NJTP runs directly south, a non-NJTP highway crosses the Delware into Delware, and you automatically merge onto 95.

interstate_95_new_jersey_map.gif

The route was mapped by a 4 year old with a crayon. I jsut did some reading and found that it was supposed to be worse. The Trenton sprig (or "Somerset Freeway") was originally planned to run further north to I-287, then conenct to the other I-95 via 287. What is this I don't even.

The route was mapped by a 4 year old with a crayon. I jsut did some reading and found that it was supposed to be worse. The Trenton sprig (or "Somerset Freeway") was originally planned to run further north to I-287, then conenct to the other I-95 via 287. What is this I don't even.

I'm gonna need you to calm down a lil bit. Maybe take a toke or a swig. Maybe pop a pill or something. LOL. bring it back bring it back.

I saw this guy on the way to pick up Geoffrey last night. I was so excited to pick him up and this guy pulled up to the pump next to me while I was filling up the rental. He was NOT interested in chit chatting. I should've known he doesn't care from the looks of his dirty a$$ wheels. GET IT TOGETHER B!TCH!!!

LS dusty wheels.jpg

LS dusty wheels.jpg

Yeah Rig? You wanna get iin on this? Tell me this is normal! Haha

2nd gen LSE on my way to work... (i-35 north just past 95th) ... I was exiting or I would have got a pic!

looked good though!

Those taillights !!!

Had to go to the IRS building today. That was fun. Something about they wouldn't release my information to the mortgage lender because of me possibly being a victim of identity theft. Saw this guy on the way there.......
LS 1.jpg

and then this guy.....wow.....DB. He pulled into the gas station after I took this picture and I followed him. I wanted to chit chat. He wasn't interested. WTAF with these people around here not wanting to talk about their cars. GEESH. Go drive a fvcking corolla.

LS 2.jpg

LS 1.jpg

LS 2.jpg

It is my conclusion that the non-chatty LS owners have either been given their car by family or think they are driving some form of a Town Car

... WTAF with these people around here not wanting to talk about their cars. GEESH. Go drive a fvcking corolla.

I'm gonna need you to calm down a lil bit. Maybe take a toke or a swig. Maybe pop a pill or something. LOL. bring it back bring it back.

.... GET IT TOGETHER B!TCH!!!

Easy now izzy, you're going to need blood pressure lowering meds soon!

I'm fairly certain they were prescribed the moment he walked around to the other side of his car that one day

I really do. Especially that way things are happening one right after the other.....Here is a short list since SEP of 14:

1. Fiance got hit head on and totaled the Honda. Which led to me buying the LS
2. In OCT discovered I needed to replace the entire front suspension on the LS and the front suspension on the Dakota.
3. In NOV discovered I needed to replace cooling system components on the LS
4. In DEC dealing with the cops and my drug dealer next door neighbor because his customers kept knocking on my door. A couple have actually opened our front door thinking they were going to his place. (I compulsively check the lock on the door now). Had to replace coils on the LS
5. In JAN something happened I can't remember.
6. FEB was quiet
7. MAR Our little dog was attacked and mauled by a putbull in the complex that was off leash. craziness abounded with this one.
8. APR my dakota needed new tires and about $900 worth of work under the hood and the LS needed new front brakes.
9. APR-MAY
a. The mother in law came back to live with us after being away in Utah for 9 months.
b. We went under contract on a house and had to back out of a deal to buy LSE parts from a guy on FB because my realtor said it wasn't a necessity.
c. Closing the house has been an absolute nightmare for the last couple of weeks, mostly in the last couple of days.
d. My debit card was stolen and used.
e. I was hit by the DERP in the LS.
f. progressive refuses to fix the LS properly. As soon as this house is closed we are getting new insurance. But not before I have them replace the windshield.

So yes.....Blood pressure meds and XANAX please with a martini chaser. LOL

I'm fairly certain they were prescribed the moment he walked around to the other side of his car that one day

What a B!TCH that was. Ugggghhhh! fvck a duck man.

I wanted to strangle her when I got out of the car. As I was coming towards her to get pictures, when I first got out of the car after she hit me, she hollered "I'm pregnant!!" With a scared look on her face. I'm quite sure that meant that I had a 'I'm going to kill you look' on my face. But I was really just going for pictures of her tag.

We close on the house in 2 days. Friday. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HOUSE AGAIN. FVCK THAT SH!T !!!! I just can't wait for it to be over.

^ oh, suddenly my pathetic life doesn't seem so bad after all.

Good luck with that izzy, we be rooting for ya!

Burned LS

I saw and half burned LS in the emergency lane on I-10 today, between Gulfport and D'Iberville today. It was the back half that was burned, and the trunk was open. It was on the east bound side and I was on the west bound, or I might have stopped to see if it was a non-vent-connected battery.

No battery vent tube and some meth in a trunk = spectacular results
blown spare for good measures

and then this guy.....wow.....DB. He pulled into the gas station after I took this picture and I followed him. I wanted to chit chat. He wasn't interested. WTAF with these people around here not wanting to talk about their cars. GEESH. Go drive a fvcking corolla.

It is my conclusion that the non-chatty LS owners have either been given their car by family or think they are driving some form of a Town Car

Really? What'd you expect?

This site skews your perception on a lot of things revolving around the LS.

Everyone here loves their LS and wants to talk about iit.
Everyone here wants to fix their LS
Everyone here knows the LS handles very well for its size, age, and brand

Sure, there are a lot of members who don't fit those three statements, but they tend to either not stick around or they don't make a big stink about it

I would expect anyone who owns this vehicle to have had one if not many of the problems described here and at least want to do a little chatting since it's not that popular of a car. Just a little interest. But oh well.

A little update.........

Geoffrey is doing well since I hot him back. YAY!
We closed on the house and are slowly moving in. Having trouble with the pool pump. Should be fixed by next weekend. Hopefully. I'm ready to jump in that thing already.

I spoke to a gen 2 LS V6 black owner. I had seen the car parked at my gas station a few times in the last year or so and finally caught the owner outside. I only use this gas station on the way home from work , so you can understand my lack motivation to find the owner. He loves the car and iI referred him to the site, but he probably won't show up until something goes wrong.

Why do these guys always ask for my number after iI tell them this site exists with all the information they need? Reminds me of the Facebook group... Ask question > expect answer with 0 effort

Spotted this LS the other day and thought of you guys, missing center caps and all!
ls.jpg

ls.jpg

Back logged a bit.

Anyone on the Garden State Parkway southbound in a silver gen 1 recall having a gray Lightning hove next to you, then gun it with a whiney supercharger? That was me. Late May or early June

2015-05-28 20.52.07.jpg

2015-05-28 20.52.07.jpg

Couldn't snap a picture, but saw an LS on my way to work late last week with the license plate of "THE LS". It's the first LS I've seen that had some type of modification done to it since I've gotten the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back