Throttle body PLEASE HELP

Lol man im getting another one soon then I will replace all the coils thanks for the tips you guys

Run a Diag first! It could be anything from a COP to a MAP Sensor causing your problem. They all are on the same 5 Volt Reference Line going to the ECM. Anything faults in either will mess with the Throttle Body.

Are you talking about the scan tools they use for the check engine light??

He is, and it doesn't matter. The codes you get may be real, but most of the time they are false codes caused by RF noise from one or more marginal COPs (ignition coils). Even some dealers have trouble believing that, but it is true.

He is, and it doesn't matter. The codes you get may be real, but most of the time they are false codes caused by RF noise from one or more marginal COPs (ignition coils). Even some dealers have trouble believing that, but it is true.
Well when I did take it to autozone it showed codes for the throttle body

Yes, and it could be that. More often, it is RFI from a marginal coil. (Of course, you need a throttle body anyway, so might as well start there.)

Most basic Scan Tools can do it. If you don't have one try your Local Parts Store. They should be able to scan your vehical for you.

Yea so all you meant was scan the OBD codes. You were a little confusing with the diag Lingo.

Yes, and it could be that. More often, it is RFI from a marginal coil. (Of course, you need a throttle body anyway, so might as well start there.)

You're right Joe. My car kept going into Fail Safe mode with no Throttle Body Codes. The information center said "ETC Failsafe ". We scan the car and found a Map Sensor code. I replaced it and the issue went away.

three times now my car has had problems with ETC failsafe and always threw TB codes, every time it was fixed by replacing the coils and plugs.

its actually a better way of detecting misfires, the last two times, it would happen once or twice before you could even feel the misfire. and we all know the car will (almost) never throw an actual code for a misfire!

Members online

No members online now.
Back