I don't go any where I just like driving around lol

I love them to, great car to own but not to fix. I wonder since Lincoln is bringing back the names on cars will they bring back the LS.

Wait .... is this Facebook's new placeholder?

If they do bring the LS back, it will be A. FWD based on a Fusion replacing the MKZ with a "specially built for but really just a slightly more tuned version of the same engine found in the car it's based on" Ecoboost and many unnecessary technologies that will for sure fail on you 5 years later and cost thousands to replace instead of keeping proven components the same (05-08 Navigator for example) OR B. A reworked 4-Door platform of the Mustang with proper RWD and a choices of a V6, or another V6, or a small I4, but no V8 because EPA is cracking down on emissions and Ford can't somehow comply with it because of $$$$ or some excuse along those lines.

Also, they won't build us the halo car we would like for the LS-line (Imagine 06 LS with the supercharged 4.2 found in the JAAAAAGGG S-Type R/XJR/XKR and then a car paying homage to that beast that never happened because it would have cut sales of the S-Type R, which never did good to begin with).

With that being said, I love my LS despite it's slightly rough condition because it can handle very good, and that's on bad struts and almost worn all season tires. Very easy to drive with an appropriate amount of blind spot, light steering and a maneuverable steering wheel (unlike the tight atrocity of an 08 Lexus IS), and a well sorted chassis and suspension that reflects just the right amount of sporty and comfort without being bias on both. Might not be technologically competent with bluetooth, xm radio, 4 different interior lighting modes, and a 20,000-way adjustable power seat with whatever and whatever BUT it's simple. It's easy to use and understand; you don't need to pull out the driver's manual to read detailed instructions about understanding how to use a function of the car. Everything is simple to use and understand, and that's why it's my favorite car to own, not just admire, because let's face it: almost anything looks more menacing than a LS, and I'm comparing to every modern car out there. It has everything you NEED in an entry-level luxury car. It even comes with an engine oil dipstick which a BMW 335i does not. Bonus points because everything is aluminum, which won't corrode to dust in 50 years.

... is aluminum, which won't corrode to dust in 50 years.

Check around your trunk key hole and for giggles try removing your rear plate surround next weekend.

uploadfromtaptalk1439657806990.jpg not too bad for a V8

uploadfromtaptalk1439657806990.jpg

I don't think that the LS name will be resurrected.

Same for the TBird. Times have changed.

I read yesterday that the senior citizen driving population is increasing whereas the youth population is not. I can understand the senior citizens (we are getting older as a population), but the youth issue is a far cry from my generation.

We couldn't wait to get our hands on the wheel of anything that could be driven.

Members online

No members online now.
Back