Throttle body PLEASE HELP

mujahid1994

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a throttle body for my 2005 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 the ETC message came on but went away there's like a chip in the throttle body but it still runs so like I'm not sure if it's the throttle body or the coil packs cause I also read that bad coil packs could trigger these codes so I want to know what to spend my money on before I spend my money PLEASE HELP

Replace all coils and plugs.

Like the other recent threads on this topic...

And a chip in the throttle body? Classic Lays?

I think I remember reading about this once or maybe twice before. yeah there was definitely a couple of guys over the years that had to replace their throttle body to fix that same problem.

however for the other 7,683 dude that didn't feel like searching either to find their answer, they just replaced all their coils and plugs with Motorcraft and were good to go.

(not using Motorcraft coils, and you'll probably be right back to having the same problem in no time...)

Replace all coils and plugs.

Like the other recent threads on this topic...

And a chip in the throttle body? Classic Lays?
uploadfromtaptalk1433106051119.jpg
I think I remember reading about this once or maybe twice before. yeah there was definitely a couple of guys over the years that had to replace their throttle body to fix that same problem.

however for the other 7,683 dude that didn't feel like searching either to find their answer, they just replaced all their coils and plugs with Motorcraft and were good to go.

(not using Motorcraft coils, and you'll probably be right back to having the same problem in no time...)
This is the chip in my throttle body do you think its this or might be the coil packs?? I know you thinking its pretty obvious that its the throttle body but please help me out

uploadfromtaptalk1433106051119.jpg

Seriously ??
am i missing something here ??

mu·ja·hid (mo͞o-jä′hĭd′)
n. pl. mu·ja·hi·deen or mu·ja·hi·din (mo͞o-jä′hĕ-dēn′)
1. One engaged in a jihad, especially as a guerrilla warrior.

A mujahid (Arabic: مجاهد mujāhid) is one who struggles for the sake of Allah and Islam.

Seriously ??
am i missing something here ??

mu·ja·hid (mo͞o-jä′hĭd′)
n. pl. mu·ja·hi·deen or mu·ja·hi·din (mo͞o-jä′hĕ-dēn′)
1. One engaged in a jihad, especially as a guerrilla warrior.

A mujahid (Arabic: مجاهد mujāhid) is one who struggles for the sake of Allah and Islam.
The second one describes me the first one is to harsh muslims are about peace

View attachment 828472793

This is the chip in my throttle body do you think its this or might be the coil packs?? I know you thinking its pretty obvious that its the throttle body but please help me out

Again..... NO coil packs..... It's COP; Coil On Plug. Each plug has it's own coil sitting on top so no coil wires either.

Yes, you need a new throttle body. I would check a junkyard as the TB rarely fails.

It looks like there are or were some coolant leaks going on there too...

Maybe that was a junkyard throttle body someone replaced trying to fix the etc fail safe.

Trying to think of any other way a chunk is missing like that other than it being thrown around.

I'd pull the manifold off and look for it. It'll be really bad if it ever makes it to a valve...
Oh boyy that's a lot of work and im scared to do it has been broken for a while so the piece might be already shredded......

Maybe that was a junkyard throttle body someone replaced trying to fix the etc fail safe.

Trying to think of any other way a chunk is missing like that other than it being thrown around.
Yea I don't know how in the world that happen but I was just trying to make the light then it when into fail safe mode I wonder if I was just pushing it to hard

Oh boyy that's a lot of work and im scared to do it has been broken for a while so the piece might be already shredded......

I doubt it would make it past a valve, but if it had made it into a cylinder, your engine would already be toast. You'll be removing the manifold to replace those cooling system parts anyway. I can see evidence of the leaks in your picture, can't you?

I doubt it would make it past a valve, but if it had made it into a cylinder, your engine would already be toast. You'll be removing the manifold to replace those cooling system parts anyway. I can see evidence of the leaks in your picture, can't you?
I will get my mechanic to look when he replaces the coils and yes I had an overheating problem but I think I fixed it

I will get my mechanic to look when he replaces the coils and yes I had an overheating problem but I think I fixed it

Trust me, you didn't unless you replaced a whole bunch of parts. It'll probably be over $1K if you have to pay someone to do it.

Trust me, you didn't unless you replaced a whole bunch of parts. It'll probably be over $1K if you have to pay someone to do it.
Oh Lord I took it to ford and they said it was the thermostat housing so I replaced it and it only over heated one time since then what else could be the problem ((I turned the A/C on full blast))

all the plastic parts have about the same life span...

so since one part broke, the others are either breaking now, or are about to break... dont worry, it'll pop back up again here real soon.

all the plastic parts have about the same life span...

so since one part broke, the others are either breaking now, or are about to break... dont worry, it'll pop back up again here real soon.
Oh boyy so what's next to replace??

every piece of plastic that coolant runs through, hell I'm amazed that other pieces didn't just fall apart from you taking the thermostat housing apart and replacing it.

every piece of plastic that coolant runs through, hell I'm amazed that other pieces didn't just fall apart from you taking the thermostat housing apart and replacing it.
Alright thanks but back to the throttle body im definitely going to need a new throttle?? And I need to replace all the coil packs right??

I have a throttle body for sale if you need one. But you need to change the COP's and spark plugs if they havent been changed yet

Members online

No members online now.
Back