Waiting Room

Ok,,enuf beating up on truck drivers,,time for something else..

like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SUPPERTIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had a friend fill my cooler for me with six good sized buggs and about 20 lbs of steamer clams..
The ice keeps everything good for days..

View attachment 828472768

I keep a tarp on top of the spare tire for times like this,,,,needing to put something in the trunk :)

first night four of us went at four of the buggs and as many clams as we could eat,,,,saved the lobster bodies to pick later.
next night i tried to take care of the rest..
cooked and cooked and ate and ate.
about a lb of clam meat went into a container.

tonight cleaned all the leftover lobstah and three of us had huge lobster rolls for supper .

View attachment 828472769

still had leftover for lobster quiche tomorrow morning and clam roll's for lunch.

got a couple quarts of mussels yestday with a friend but let him keep them all as i dont really like them.

will be going out monday for oysters,,my favorite.

summertime is here and living in paradise is awsome !!

PS: had to leave the trunk open on the LS awhile to air out !! :)

MVC-211F.JPG

MVC-211F.JPG

This is foolish thinking, if it were not for the hundred cars around you driving to places that buy the products you haul, then you wouldn't be needed.

It goes both ways for both parties. There are just as many ****ty ass truck divers as car drivers as bike riders. All of those parties need each other, we don't solely rely on you, remember there was a long time before you existed that goods still moved about the globe. I appreciate truckers, they help put food on the table, my lady works for Hendrickson, which if you don't run their parts, I feel sorry for you. But you have to remember you need consumers as much as they need consumables.

PLEASE!!!

This was not about superman status me or other truck drivers! It was the fact that society gets bothered and irritated when they find themselves inconvenienced and therefor finds a need to "name call" others to make themselves feel better.

which is normal ... to an extend.

When turkeys are or get in the way of our ever so busy cellphone-to-head, rat-race convicted routine of greed, we tend to fail at patience and good behavior. This wasn't a pissing contest on who needs who, or who is more superior, unfortunately that's all you took away from it.

There are 10 fold more truck on the roads moving goods as there are more passenger vehicles then there was 5 years ago, the roadway infrastructure suffers to accommodate it.

Society has it's needs and wants it now, bigger, better and cheaper! BUT god forbid some turkey should get in the way, darn it!
Two days with no boats, trains and trucks, the store selves dry up ... pumps run dry and all sorts of trouble follows.

... remember how it used to be fun waiting for the long train to pass?

Ok,,enuf beating up on truck drivers, ... :)

I've had a rough day, I was passed north towards Detroit, doing 105Kph by a scooter! guy no helmet with a coolerbox and plastic cup strapped to the back.
I got my foot in the oil pan and this guy surpasses me! It wasn't uphill but it was a scooter!

I've had a rough day, I was passed north towards Detroit, doing 105Kph by a scooter! guy no helmet with a coolerbox and plastic cup strapped to the back.
I got my foot in the oil pan and this guy surpasses me! It wasn't uphill but it was a scooter!

I remember the good ol' days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.................
mechanical speed recorder on a paper disk,,,,faster you went the higher the pencil wrote on the graph,turn it in at the end of the day.
no governors,,fuel cheap,mash that motor and keep two log books.............
dual stack Mac with a sleeper in the back,,,...
little white pill's kept your eyes open :)
CB radio kept you aware of everything,,,now they hardly talk on it,,cept to fight and be nasty.
dont need to talk on it,,,cant speed,cant get overloaded hardly,,..
you could even have a convoy,,1/2 dozen trucks drafting across texas I 10 all day long :)
course that was about 45 years ago :)

The worst thing EVER done to a Lincoln:

http://imgur.com/a/0b0lh

very interesting that his "continental" has a drive shaft...

and the motors is in sideways...

and they quit making them 2 years before that "04" was built...

also a pretty custome touch that he had them put a town car grill on it... and headlights... and taillights...:shifty:

fukcing low birth weight sons of b!tches. who the hell sells a car they don't know what it is?

took a short road trip to houston over the wknd with my little league baseball team
to see the houston astros on saturday. got to get on the field during batting
practice, and get a few autographs. got an average of 22.5 mpg round trip. wasn't
too bad at all, as i did 80mph on all the roads with exception of within houston
proper, of course.

need to get a new set of tires, though. otherwise, car was fantastic. that is all.

No BigRig, I understand the limitations of the big trucks, and have no problem with making allowances for it. Usually the slower truck will give a little way to let the faster truck back over, so it's not an issue. But, when you're in rolling hills and two truckers are going at this hill after hill with neither one wanting to give way, they're being asses about it. Occasionally I've solved their little problem for them though, when an off ramp comes up I've shot around both of them then jumped over in front of the one in the passing lane and put the brakes on them. And, if we're in the rolling hills I'll put the brakes on them at the base of the hill. With any luck they have a speed and location tracking system that gets them into trouble with their company if they slow down too much in the middle of nowhere. Act like a dick, be treated like a dick. Understand that your big truck isn't the only vehicle on the road and drive friendly, and I'll be nice about it and give a wave of thanks for not being a dick.

My comment on the leeches applies to passenger cars, not tractor trailers.

That is one busy Continental. I hope the reinforced it to keep the car from sagging in the middle. As was said before, not my taste but I'd want the guy who did the paint work to paint for me. It looked perfect.

Speaking of Continentals, it looks like they are building it but it also looks like they are going to make it a front wheel drive V6. They just don't get it. They are just changing the name of the MKZ.

Hey folks, after recent complaints about my rants about the poor engineering of the LS, decided that in the interests of harmony for my remaining time here that I will tone them down. We all know how I feel about the car, mainly disappointment in the failed attempts to reinvent the wheel on so many of its systems combined with frustration that, in its bones the LS could have been a world class car but Lincoln didn't just drop the ball, they threw it down and shot it. Still and all, going to try and not do the rants anymore. It needed a more robust suspension (stronger parts, I mean, in areas like the rear links and other parts that wear out way too soon), engine plastics designed to do the job, and about 100HP/100TQ more than it has. Perhaps had they gone with the 5.0/modular 4.6 instead of the Jag engine, perhaps.

When I do ditch my LS I'll be replacing it with a work beater. While I'll be trying to find a rear wheel drive, I may wind up getting an appliance instead of a car. With a 38 mile one way commute, it won't matter what I use for it so long as it gets good mileage. I'll also need to build a garage before I can get a nice car and that likely won't happen until next spring.

That is one busy Continental. I hope the reinforced it to keep the car from sagging in the middle. As was said before, not my taste but I'd want the guy who did the paint work to paint for me. It looked perfect.

Speaking of Continentals, it looks like they are building it but it also looks like they are going to make it a front wheel drive V6. They just don't get it. They are just changing the name of the MKZ.

Reading in to it further, is seems it's supposed to be AWD standard. That still doesn't excuse the fwd design architecture. There is no suggestion of aggression at all in the stance. What is the competition? What market are they targeting? Why wouldn't they ask the native born celebrities for consultation on design? Well, I guess it's payback time from WWII.

That is one busy Continental...

very interesting that his "continental" has a drive shaft......

I've been thinking about it after seeing something about JFK's Continental. Perhaps the seller knows exactly what the vehicle is, but is naming it a Continental in spirit, being a huge convertible Lincoln. Still a little deceptive, but maybe not as dumb as we see it. And let's be real. The person who wants to buy this car isn't going to care about the misinformation.

but JFK's Continental, was actually a Continental... the guy that made his mark VIII a convert didn't try to call it a continental. just because you put a lot of work into a car, doesn't change what it is. expoecially when your selling a car, I wouldn't put my car on Craigslist calling it a mustang because its got a V8 I and I think its fast as one!

no that guy is purely a moron.

well, the TT V6 is really what ford is pushing hard for right now... while I'm not crazy about it, its what they are really focusing on right now... hell their baha race truck and their super car are releying on it as the ONLY option (fukcing crazy if you ask me...)

I can understand the choice for the GT looking solely from a weight savings part of it, but at the price they want to get from it is just insane to me. $400K+ for a V6? I dont care if they are pulling 600hp+ out of it. I dont see it keeping up with the rest of the super cars out there (then again the GTR is proof that I couldn't be more wrong). 600 hp was good for super cars from the last decade, now that category is filled with 1K HP monsters!

I guess well see if ford does enter one into the Le Mans race next year, or if they sneak one in the line up for this year!! for is building a huge stage at the circuit right now and Bill Ford Jr. is the race starter this year (the last time the ford family flagged a race ford did the unthinkable and gave those fancy Italians a good old fashion pantsing)

however, I dont care how fast or powerful it is, I don't want no damn V6 in a raptor! that's just ridiculous. the only V6 that belongs in a truck doesn't have spark plugs and I still want no part of that!

400 grand, I want a V12 under the hood. A twin turbo V12, at that.

The main concerns for the turbo 6 is that to get the power, they're maxing the engine out. No room for improvement. Plus, longevity will be a problem. Along with the move to turbo engines, they OEMs have been cutting the drivetrain warranties so obviously they are aware of this problem and have taken moves to make sure they don't have to fix what they're foisting off on us.

400 grand, I want a V12 under the hood. A twin turbo V12, at that.

nah, dont need no V12...

A 1200hp TT LSx like the Hennessy CTS-V or the Venom GT is all I need.

The main concerns for the turbo 6 is that to get the power, they're maxing the engine out. No room for improvement. Plus, longevity will be a problem.

not really, look at the GTR, similar displacement, and there are more than a few 1k HP running around, there is always plenty of room for improvements, its just gonna cost you a lot more than an engine wiht half as many parts and twice the displacement...

Along with the move to turbo engines, they OEMs have been cutting the drivetrain warranties so obviously they are aware of this problem and have taken moves to make sure they don't have to fix what they're foisting off on us.

wow, this is not true at all, if anything over the years the manufactures have longer warranties that ever before... turbo setups may be more complicated and maintenance may be higher, but that doesn't mean that they are going to fail sooner... look at all the big trucks on the road with their turbo motors and their hundreds of thousands of miles on EACH one...

if you build a rock solid short block, and use the right parts on the top end, your not going to have any problems with wearing the motor out...

hell look at an evo, rarely do people ever even pull the valve covers off when they build them up and are easily able to get well into the 400hp+ range on stock internals... and from the factory having about 2.5 HP per cubic inch and is flawlessly reliable. 20 PSI all day long.

ford terminators have no problems eating 14 PSI of boost all day long with no more problems than any other car. also dont think GM has shortened their warranties on their (new) LT1 or LSA motors...

sh!t I cant tell you how many beat up Audi A4 2.0Ts I work on where everything else might be broke, but they are still being driven because they just wont die after 200k miles.

boost aint any harder on parts VS any other way of making power, like spray or even just real high compression NA motors. yeah it may be a lot easier to be stupid and reach over and crank it up higher than your motor was built for...

Members online

No members online now.
Back