Lowering my 05 LS V8

ahargrove

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have had my LS for a little over a year now. I bought it with 92k on the clock and have had the transmission rebuilt, installed a new dccv and put new plugs and coil packs on. Not really a great first year but based on what I've read, and I have read a lot, I hope the major hurdles are behind me and plan to enjoy my car as long as I can.
I'm currently working on trying to color match my grills with the dreaded tricoat cashmere. The next step is wheels and would love to lower it. I have lowered cars in the past and have always appreciated that look and drive.
I have springs that I've been watching on eBay and as some of you might know, eBay will send email reminders about what you are watching. The funny part is my wife saw this and questioned why. Her response is that I'm a grown man, just turned 40 this year, and I'm not in my 20's anymore. I disagree. It's been awhile since I've had any custom cars due to children and when my wife and I met, I was driving a jacked up 4x4 that later was replaced for something kid friendly. So for most of my married life I haven't had the time or money for anything of the sorts. My kids are a little older and money isn't as tight as it used to be.
Anyway, where I'm going with this, I know I'm not the only 40 year old that wants or has a LS that is lowered so please chime in to help me realize I'm not crazy.

I had mine lowered until I needed to take my mother-in-law on grocery trips. The LS was too low for her, so I replaced the Eibach springs with stock. The only downside, IMHO, is the upper control arm boots will tear. I'm even considering lowering my new-to-me 535i; and I'm in my very late 50's.

wanting a better looking car and a better handling car due to a lower center of gravity has nothing to do with age...

corvettes sit low as hell and the average age of their owners is above 50.

wanting a better looking car and a better handling car due to a lower center of gravity has nothing to do with age...

corvettes sit low as hell and the average age of their owners is above 50.

Hey !! i resemble that remark !! :)
tho my LS will rub on stuff in the driveway the vett wont..

T
Hey !! i resemble that remark !! :)
tho my LS will rub on stuff in the driveway the vett wont..

That's because the LS probably has more overhang iin the back than the entire Corvette has

mine is lowered with cut factory springs. ride is still fantastic. hope this helps.

11096663_10206950863353029_3173976457029862603_n.jpg

it was like that when i bought it but there are 7 coils left on each one, if that helps.

I cut one full coil off the top in front and half a coil off the top in the rear. Sits 1/4" lower than my Eibachs

well sh!t... *goes out to garage with a jack, wrenches and a hack saw*

Members online

Back