2005 Lincoln LS 3.9L Coolant Recover Tank Boil Over

I noticed last night that my Coolant Outlet Pipe was cracked and had coolant bubbling on the crack after I drove the car last night. #7 in the picture and the area in the white circle in the second pic.

I know someone else had posted they had a crack in their thermostat housing which sits in front of the outlet pipe so the OP may want to check these metal parts also.

s6xusenfilen0005512.gifgenref_zpsgdikrgfb.jpg

IMG_0887_zpstc7knh0c.jpg

#7 is actually the two rubber seals between the outlet pipe and the engine. The parts are plastic, not metal (unfortunately). You should get all three plastic parts in that area, seals, and the thermostat.

#7 is actually the two rubber seals between the outlet pipe and the engine. The parts are plastic, not metal (unfortunately). You should get all three plastic parts in that area, seals, and the thermostat.

Sorry, you are correct - it is #6. That part is plastic? Looks like metal - this would be the first car I've owned with those parts in plastic.

That's all plastic, and it just rots away.
See post #2 in this thread.

That part is plastic? Looks like metal - this would be the first car I've owned with those parts in plastic.

what makes it look like metal? all the metal under the hood is either steel and rusted (like a lot of the brackets) or aluminum and still silver in color, that part is black like every other piece of plastic or rubber under the hood...

and much like a huge percentage of cars built in the last 15 years, there is a more things made out of plastic these days other than the engine, accessories themselves and the exhaust. everything else that bolts to it are made of plastic like all of the cooling system, the intake, and the coil covers.

Looks grey to me so thought it was metal. My '06 Volvo has metal parts for things like that.

This week I've changed the Upper and Lower Radiator Hose. Saturday I changed my EGR Valve because my CEL had a code stating that the MAP Sensor had a short. The MAP Sensor is part of the EGR System. So I changed it and saw the hose going to my Degas Bottle loose. I pulled a little and the nipple was broken. Which explains the Boil Over in the Tank. I fixed that up (Quick Fix with a Barbed Hose Mender and Water Weld) and drove it down the street, came back and parked. I heard Hissing coming from under the hood. Popped the hood and a Cross Over Hose going to the Throttle Body had snapped in two. Wow! Fixed that up and for now all leaks are fixed. When I get to work on Tuesday I will be ordering me a Degas Bottle. We sell Dorman and MotorCrap ( MotorCraft) so I'm gonna check the price on each.

This week I've changed the Upper and Lower Radiator Hose. Saturday I changed my EGR Valve because my CEL had a code stating that the MAP Sensor had a short. The MAP Sensor is part of the EGR System. So I changed it and saw the hose going to my Degas Bottle loose. I pulled a little and the nipple was broken. Which explains the Boil Over in the Tank. I fixed that up (Quick Fix with a Barbed Hose Mendes and Water Weld) and drove it down the street, came back and parked. I heard Hissing coming from under the hood. Popped the hood and a Cross Over Hose going to the Throttle Body had snapped in two. Wow! Fixed that up and for now all leaks are fixed. When I get to work on Tuesday I will be ordering me a Degas Bottle. We sell Dorman and MotorCrap ( MotorCraft) so I'm gonna check the price on each.

Dorfman will be cheaper.... And last about 1/16 the time. This has been discussed ad nauseum......

We sell Dorman and MotorCrap ( MotorCraft) so I'm gonna check the price on each.

don't fukcing bother...

doesn't matter how much it cost, anything more that free and you're paying too much, its rubbish, it will fail (most likely soon).

do yourself a favor, but the motorcraft one, do the repair once and be happy with it for another decade or 100k miles

also very curious as to why you think Motorcraft parts are crap? mostly because I don't think I've seen three superior parts from all other companies combined...

It's a Parts Man joke. Lol! We have goofy names for most Cars and Part Suppliers. Ford **** Us = Ford Focus and Mercury Mistake = Mercury Mystic....Get it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back