Back in the Mark VIII game

squirell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
It's been about 7 years since I sold my Mark "The Headhunter".
Always had the itch for another one, so yesterday I pulled the trigger and bought a 70,000 mile 96 Mark VIII.
Not sure if I'm gonna juice this one yet, but would love to get this baby in the 12's
Hope to hear from some old friends and make new ones.

Matt

Welcome back, and always nice to see someone dedicated to making these cars faster. I can barely dedicate enough time and energy to keeping it on the road in reasonably well kept appearance.

Welcome back, and always nice to see someone dedicated to making these cars faster. I can barely dedicate enough time and energy to keeping it on the road in reasonably well kept appearance.

Well yes Banster..me too ...to start.

1st problem,drove it for the first time last night and had no dash,radio or message button lights,looked into the dimmer switch and it was disconnected..plugged it in and all the interior lights wouldn't go out.sprayed all the door switches with WD-40...no luck there.Ordered a new (used) dimmer switch off E-bay today.Hope that works.

2nd,Radio will not turn off and CD doesn't work (as usual) had to drive through the car wash holding the radio knob in the whole time so my antenna wouldn't go up during wash.

3rd,headlights are totally freakin useless...need brighter bulbs and correct aim.

Then some minor stuff like switching the wheels around so the all go in the right direction,have to slam hood 100 times to close..Im sure I'll find more as I only drove it last night and today.

After that Gotta get all the dings taken out,new chrome bumper and door mouldings (I'm tempted to paint them for the LSC look).

THEN the Mods come

At least the paint is good and the interior is mint

MARK VIII.jpgMARK VIII 2.jpgMARK VIII 4.jpgMARK VIII 3.jpg

MARK VIII.jpg

MARK VIII 2.jpg

MARK VIII 4.jpg

MARK VIII 3.jpg

Always was a big fan of the headhunter, blueprint to a 12sec mark.

Nice low mile 96, great color combo, looking forward to seeing the transformation, big fan of 20 spokes on a gen 1 but yours look odd for some reason :)

Looks good man, those all sound like minor issues..i remember someone saying a bad message center causes the dash light problem..if the dimmer switch doesnt solve the problem try another message center.

Always was a big fan of the headhunter, blueprint to a 12sec mark.

Nice low mile 96, great color combo, looking forward to seeing the transformation, big fan of 20 spokes on a gen 1 but yours look odd for some reason :)

LMAO !! Maybe cause 2 of them are on backwards

Looks good man, those all sound like minor issues..i remember someone saying a bad message center causes the dash light problem..if the dimmer switch doesnt solve the problem try another message center.

Thanx Bro....good to know

Members online

No members online now.
Back