What did you do to your LS today?

I drove about 6 miles with a grinding brake. Took the wheel off, found I managed to put one brake pad in backwards. It kept falling out while trying to get the caliper back on (before I got the cube tool working, so before I turned the piston) and I got frustrated.

Other than that, the brakes feel nice. Not as firm as I had hoped for with the stoptech lines, but I think it seems more reaponsive? The LS gives little feedback compared to my Taurus. Almost reminds me of the very numb pedals of my grandpas 03 Audi A4.

I'm pretty sure my front rotors have a slight warp though, despite replacing them <10,000 miles ago. Wheel bearings?

Well, wasn't today, but last weekend I cleaned up and installed summer wheels. Did rear pads and rotors and replaced sway bar links. Up front I replaced both hub/bearing assemblies and replaced the spark plugs. Found fair amount of oil in the 3 passenger side rearward plug wells (others look ok). Still chasing front suspension issues that are causing tire wear.

I looked at pictures that I took before :mad: THAT FVCKING B!TCH RAN INTO ME :mad:
Good times. Good times.

Screwed up the first post! Sorry guys, does anyone know how to delete the photos?
or Mod please delete if possible.

IMG_20150120_160623.jpg

IMG_20150322_151808.jpg

IMG_20150322_175351.jpg

IMG_20150512_152659.jpg

IMG_20150512_184023.jpg

IMG_20150512_184102.jpg

IMG-20150306-WA0002.jpg

skihole.jpg

Last edited:
Have been waiting to post for a long time, been super busy! (Next Ill add pics of my complete sound system upgrade)

Painted calipers, replaced rotors and pads, painted dust shields, and the long awaited mod:19x8 TSW Rivage+Hankook Ventus evo2
IMG_20150322_151808.jpgIMG_20150322_175351.jpgIMG_20150507_145929.jpgIMG_20150512_181020.jpgIMG_20150512_184023.jpgIMG_20150512_184042.jpgIMG_20150512_184101.jpg
I need some custom center caps, stocks were to small. Here are the TSW ones:
IMG_20150513_222543.jpg
What do you guys think?

IMG_20150322_151808.jpg

IMG_20150322_175351.jpg

IMG_20150507_145929.jpg

IMG_20150512_181020.jpg

IMG_20150512_184023.jpg

IMG_20150512_184042.jpg

IMG_20150512_184101.jpg

IMG_20150513_222543.jpg

how many LS's do you see around there?!?!

I might be heading that way in a few months!

TheCountsLincolnator,

Your car isn't lowered is it? Those wheels really fill it out nicely.
Thank you, no not lowered . . . yet lol. Definitely thinking about it.

I painted over my Volvo emblems and put Lincoln logos on my center caps. You could do something similar.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...wheels&p=2037215184&viewfull=1#post2037215184

Thanks RodLS, that is perfect. Exactly what I had in mind. Where did you find those emblems. I haven't had a lot of time to look. Only came across used ones so far. Then there is also the paint matching. I suppose I could just cover the TSW logo with some emblems but that could be kind of janky.

Thanks RodLS, that is perfect. Exactly what I had in mind. Where did you find those emblems. I haven't had a lot of time to look. Only came across used ones so far. Then there is also the paint matching. I suppose I could just cover the TSW logo with some emblems but that could be kind of janky.

I peeled the old emblems off my stock 06 center caps.

I got my custom LVC swag affixed to the triangle windows....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Fixed my rain sensor.....
image.jpg
Also installed my new dash cam since mine was damaged in the accident.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also installed my new dash cam since mine was damaged in the accident.

Got my hard wire cord installed for the dash cam so I don't have to plug and unplug that mess everyday. Woohoo!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coached my sons as they pulled the starter today to inspected it, hoping that it was just gummed up and not retracting properly. No such luck, the bearing is shot... ordering a new one tomorrow.

Oh yeah, washed it the other day and in January I gave it a new driveway, in another state, to park in... we moved with it. lol

Coached my sons as they pulled the starter today to inspected it, hoping that it was just gummed up and not retracting properly. No such luck, the bearing is shot... ordering a new one tomorrow.

Properly starting LS: CHECK!
Twins sons who figured out that pulling a start out and putting it back in can sometimes be two totally different experiences: CHECK! :D
Took them a couple to figure out the proper "twist starter this way, tilt that way, move the cables out like this, not like that" thing... and lets not forget "horseshoe hand around starter to get to the top stud. ;)

Used the 3M kit on driver headlight and fog light. Was skeptical at first given there's not many different grits but it took out 95% of the stone pits and left no sand marks when finished- and it went fairly quick. Followed up with Plast-X polish and Meguiar sealant. Doing the passenger side tonight. Fogs were really a mess.

A118-C is the model number. It has a 170 degree view and uses a capacitor instead of a battery and flush mounts to the windshield instead of some bulky mount attachment. It stays out of my way and from the outside, and I think mostly the inside as well, looks like it could be originally part of the vehicle. The video is clear and doesn't skip forward and appear choppy like the last one did. The only issue I see so far is that the lens reacts to my bass and when the hardness hits so does the vibration in the lens. It doesn't affect the quality of the video IMO. Oh well.....I guess that's the price to pay for the beats. LOL

Here is the link on amazon where I bought mine...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SK8B47W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know how you like that dash cam. Or iis this an identical replacement for your old one? I've been shopping iinfrequentpy for them and I obviously want it to be discrete. And I have a small personal vendetta against suction cups on the windshield lol

Let me know how you like that dash cam. Or iis this an identical replacement for your old one? I've been shopping iinfrequentpy for them and I obviously want it to be discrete. And I have a small personal vendetta against suction cups on the windshield lol

I do like this one so far. It is discreet as you can be really. It doesn't look like a dash cam from the front. I will try to get a better picture of the outside. You can't ever see it in the pics that I have tried to take. Ill take some more interior pictures of how I have it mounted.

Additionally, I hardwired it to the fuse box in the passenger floorboard in the #12 spot. I used an ATM fuse tap I got at advance auto for like $7 and picked up a pack of #10 ATM fuses. Then I attached the ground wire to one of the bolts holding the dash to the body. It was pretty simple.

ATM FUSE TAP: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...-amps-bp-hhh-rp/5080114-P?searchTerm=atm+fuse

I would like to know about power wire location and where it was put to hide ?

Also if this cam will do LPR ?

I would like to know about power wire location and where it was put to hide ?

Also if this cam will do LPR ?

behind the "A" pillar* and tucked under the front edge of the headliner all the way to the center.

* if you have side curtain airbags, please make sure the the wire crosses under the air bag and not over.

Members online

No members online now.
Back