Fog Light Conversion

why don't you guys just do the smart thing and just buy 2nd gens... :p

because we want the superiority of the 1st gen, with the fogs of the 2nd :p

Did you guys try installing the 2nd gen housing in the 1st gen housing; obviously sans light. IIRC, that's what I did.....

I guess i need clarification on what you call "housing". I'd say they have two parts.

Lens, case, reflector, bulb = part A

Outer case, studs, bottom half of leveling bracket = part B

I have put (2nd gen) part A into (1st gen) part B with no success. It shifts part A over too far to allow it to fit inside the bumper

because we want the superiority of the 1st gen

bwaahahaahahahahahahahahhahaha ahahahhahahaha ahahahhaahah

wooo, that was some good sh!t, I havent laughed that hard all week. I owe you one! ;)

Loud1, you in need of a brand new pair of 2nd GEN fog lamps, never installed, never used? Canada shipping.

im here all week....

Rig i'll play around some more... Im thinking if I play with the pivot points some more, I can them aiming straight, and sitting flush.

What's the difference between the second gen and the first gen, other than it being a little bit smaller assembly?

although.... they do seem like good candidates for a projector lens...hmmm

What's the difference between the second gen and the first gen...

20140726_112223.jpg

20140726_112223.jpg

Progress ... bracket was made,
needs to be cleaned up a bit but it's able to be shimmed left to right and the fog lamp itself can be adjusted up and down.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Not a bad fit at all actually. A little needed to be grinded away off the lamp itself (not lens), black tap on the side.

4.jpg

It mounts in firm and when it's all said and done, it will look good (I hope)

* HINT: Bumper cover side marker delete

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks Hite!

Actually, originally he told me we'd have to find some plastic of another bumper cover with an identical curve but then he asked me if I still had the side markers, I brought those over and he grinded the face of them down and inserted the markers in, used some black compound (not sure what it is) and fastened them in from the back side, then began filling it on the out side. The side markers are actually still there when you look at the back side of the bumper cover, I could even still plug the bulb housing into the sockets but I have different plans for those always-on 12v wires.

When I get my parts back home I could take a pic from the back side for you.

I have been wanting to do this conversion since I got my LS. The 03+ fogs are much better... need to find a set now and attempt this...

G, check this out.

20140930_201751.jpg

You were on the right path with the bracket. It's now able to be shimmed for adjustments.

image.jpg

There will be a bit of a gap as the 2nd GEN fog lamp is a little smaller, top outer corner curve is where most the slack is taken up.

It won't be noticable at all as the grille insert paint was pulled out to extend into the lamp cavities.

image.jpg

Very pleased with the results. Neighbor did an AMAZING job on all of my LS cosmetic repairs.

damn, the black paint on the lower grille and fog area looks great and really set it off!

tip of the hat.

You know, a little black plastic and some creative work with a torch, some scissors and a rivet gun, and that gap would disappear. Wouldn't take much to make the gap go away.

Bigrig...the bracket on the fog light looks familliar. Could it be an old license plate bracket?

Bigrig...the bracket on the fog light looks familliar. Could it be an old license plate bracket?

Now that you mention it, could have very well been the old broken one but No, that was his material. He did them up.
I'll be adding the plate to the front, the new bracket will go on finally.
jumpy.gif

very nice!!! Send me a set!
Hite is working on some for you right now.

Thread revival... :)

Any word on getting a set of these brackets or will I need to try to fabricate something on my own??? I just picked up a pair of 03+ fogs and am ordering a mach 1 later this week and would like to do all this at the same time while the bumper is off the car...

Figured i'd ask here instead of starting a new thread... :)

Sorry, those brackets were a one-off, did not go into mass production. Classic LS limited aftermarket.

Sorry, those brackets were a one-off, did not go into mass production. Classic LS limited aftermarket.

I had a feeling this would be the case... I'll just have to come up with something... At least this post will help with the idea... :)

I switched over to 06... whole new project for me... Sorry.

I'm slightly confused... The fogs the brackets are for in this thread are for 03 - 06 right??? Is there a difference in the fogs for 06?

Members online

No members online now.
Back