Well this happened today. Got hit by a non driving *^%\<}>#%*!

looks like it will be just under $2k for my repairs. car is at the shop now.
they dont "think" there is any underbody damage, but wont know till
they get the door off.

sent pics to my body guy

$ 1000 for his "patch and match" for tight budgets
$ 2500 very few could ever tell it was damaged
$ 4000 for show car circuit doubtful another body man could even tell it was repaired

Final estimate is coming in at $1966.13. As long as I can't tell we will be good. LOL

Your UM policy should pay you in this case.

right - i have to pay my $250 deductible, but will be the 1st to get reimbursed if
they recover anything from the idiot who hit me.

if he doesnt, he'll be blocked from renewing registration on anything that is titled / partially
titled in his name as well as blocked from renewing his state issues license, so i'm good with
that :)

I was notified that the work should be complete by 05/08. 7 more days......7 more days.....:Bang

izzy, we'll get ours back around the same time - body shop texted me and said 5/6 - 5/7 !

well, mine runs great, so i have no reason to not want er' back ! besides, i'm in a
2014 hyundai elantra **** box, and my 1st gen 2000 model is miles better than
this p.o.s. ;)

Funny, you folks can't wait to get yours back, I can't wait to unload mine.

I love my LS. It is mechanically sound. I also miss my tinted windows and bass. LOL

well, mine runs great, so i have no reason to not want er' back ! besides, i'm in a
2014 hyundai elantra **** box, and my 1st gen 2000 model is miles better than
this p.o.s. ;)

An elantra? eeewwww. I at least got a 2014 Altima. The originally pulled around in a 2015 dart. I looked at the guy and said "Am I the only one here who noticed I am 6,2". On top of that I have lower back issues. I will be able to sit down in that thing but there is no way I'll be able to get out." He chuckled and went and got me the Altima.

You two promise me you'll rod the piss out of those rentals please! Try and get them on two wheels at least!

the **** box i'm in now ( elantra ) has a a 3 setting suspension / engine mode.
comfort, something else, then sport. sport is supposed to manage upshifts and
throttle sensitivity.

i've floored it on all three settings and i'll be damned if i can tell one iota of
difference between them. its all noise and no go. period. but i am beating
on it !

Yes, 10 points for beating on a loaner.
smiley-score010.gif

No worries it's normal, we all do it! Some poor smuck is going to finance it later on!

Yes, 10 points for beating on a loaner.
smiley-score010.gif

No worries it's normal, we all do it! Some poor smuck is going to finance it later on!

Not all of us.
I've never seen any reason to treat any of the rentals or loaners that I've had any worse than my own cars.

Yeah you probably don't ever get drunk either Joe!

Sport probably keeps lower gears for longer when not at WOT, whereas economy tries to upshift as soon as you stop demanding the power. The difference is how long it takes to garner what little power it has after applying the gas. FWD Ford 4cyls are pretty bad with giving you a sport strategy when you hit the gas hard, lifting in a turn, coasting at 5,000 rpm, then upshifting right as you hit the gas, meaning you nwo have to wait for the downshift. Being an electric throttle, it waits to give it gas until its in gear and just exaggerates the delay.

Fred not! it's the devil's poison anyhow, makes people beat on loaners and such!

the **** box i'm in now ( elantra ) has a a 3 setting suspension / engine mode.
comfort, something else, then sport. sport is supposed to manage upshifts and
throttle sensitivity.

i've floored it on all three settings and i'll be damned if i can tell one iota of
difference between them. its all noise and no go. period. but i am beating
on it !

I get those as rentals. Basically "economy" means "I will only downshift if you hold the pedal down less than 100% a for a very long time". So basic merges into traffic or the like is just a nightmare.

I get those as rentals. Basically "economy" means "I will only downshift if you hold the pedal down less than 100% a for a very long time". So basic merges into traffic or the like is just a nightmare.

I was merging in the Altima. This DB that was in the right lane with 3 other lanes to the left of his sped up and kept pace with me so I couldn't move over. He did this whether I slowed down or sped up.

Well he moved over when I came into his lane cause I was running out of merge lane. He could have just moved the fvck over. I'm getting comfortable again driving around other people.

I have been hit from the rear and rear ended other people. But being hit from the side is a different feeling all together. I can watch ahead of me and behind me consistently. But from the side.........That will most likely always be a surprise. scares the sh!t out of me.

Sorry in advance for the book I'm writing here.......

So I went to pick Geoffrey up at the progressive service center, 2 days ago. They tried to pull a fast one. I neglected to get pics of the sh!t they tried to pawn off on me.

The replacement rear door is crooked and rubs the front door.
The bumper has at least a one inch gap between it and the quarter.
The tail light is bulging and not lining up correctly with the molding where it sits.
The trunk lid is still shifted to the left.

They tried to get me to just take him and come back at a later time to have them adjust everything. They said it would only take a couple hours and I could just bring him back and wait while they did the adjustments. I laughed and said they need to get it fixed and then I would pick him up.

It was taken back to the body shop and I called them yesterday to find out what was happening. The progressive field agent was conveniently there at the shop when I called. He tried to feed me some BS about it had previously been in a rear end collision and that is why everything is off. He said that they see evidence of a shoddy repair that they won't be responsible for fixing.

I told him that he needed to get it right and return the car to the condition it was before the accident. He actually said to me "You probably just didn't notice the gaps and damage to the tail light when you bought it because you didn't know about the prior accident. We can fix it if you want to put some money into the deal." I almost lost my face when he said that. So I responded "I have been putting about $280 a month for the last 3 years into this deal. That's all you're getting. I pay you to fix my vehicle when some jerk hits me and doesn't have the appropriate insurance to cover their own a$$" Then I mentioned that I have probably close to 1000 pictures of my vehicle. I offer to sent them to him so that will prove that there were no gap issues before the DERP hit me. I also pulled the car fax and sent that to him as well showing that there were no reported accidents before this one. I haven't had a response yet.

I can't imagine someone owning a car like this and being rear ended then not reporting it to the at fault drivers insurance company to fix or their own for that matter. Then going further to fix a car that was rear ended on their own dime. Likely hood is slim to none.

I've been trying to get ahold of my internal adjuster but haven't heard back for 3 days. How can I tell if it is the original bumper on the car? I feel like if the original bumper is there it couldn't have been in a rear end collision.

Man, if the word progressive is involved, you're getting boned. Might need to get a lawyer to send them a letter advising them that the car needs to be fixed properly. It would be cheapest to get you to buy their line, but they also know it would be cheaper to fix the car right than to fix the car right plus court and legal costs.

Members online

Back