well, with a heavy heart....

I sense some of us are almost done with the LS? So many newer/nicer options out there these days.

I sense some of us are almost done with the LS? So many newer/nicer options out there these days.

Yes, there are nicer and newer (new) cars out there, but only a few that I would want. Unfortunately, (for me) they all come with car notes that I don't want right now (two kids in college).

Yes, there are nicer and newer (new) cars out there, but only a few that I would want. Unfortunately, (for me) they all come with car notes that I don't want right now (two kids in college).

I can only imagine that one in college would be a handful little lone two. Hats off to you!

None of my 3 ever thought about going to college even though their mother and I pushed. Probably the reason we are still helping them out in their mid to late 20's. I'm thinking college would have been cheaper!

I loved my LS, but the nickels and dimes were starting to add up, so I did the same thing and traded it in on a 2010 MKS EcoBoost Ultimate with all the bells and whistles except for adjustable pedals. Had just shy of 43k miles on it. Got it for $20k. Lincoln dealer gave me $3500 for the LS too.

I'm sensing that also.

And, that includes the retroBirds. It's a shame because my Bird still get many thumbs up and "nice car" comments when I drive her.

Lincoln had just fully serviced it.

Unfortunately, they don't have any service for this other than replacing the heads at this time. I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶a̶m̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶s̶o̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶(̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶a̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶k̶)̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶i̶s̶.̶ ̶ Strike that, apparently doing this kills the turbos...

Is this because of the tires? Or are you hearing engine/exhaust noise?

The more I think about this, and my comment about the tire noise.....

This car has really soft Cooper Zeon ultra high performance summer only tires. Could a softer tire possibly give more road noise? Just thinking out loud.

softer usually means quieter... but tread pattern has alot to do with it too...

its your "performance" summer thats causing it...vs an nice all season...IMO

I know these things will be wore out before winter, and that's without really trying! LOL

softer usually means quieter... but tread pattern has alot to do with it too...

its your "performance" summer thats causing it...vs an nice all season...IMO

I guess I was thinking the opposite, softer tread, more road contact, more noise.

We do a lot of work for Cooper & Bridgestone, I may see if I can get the skinny from someone.

Just took my first highway trip with the new Toyo tires.

Pretty quiet, and handling seemed OK, but I don't push the car to it's limit.

Members online

Back