New to me advice

You'll want a Glitch Ballast to fix the trunk neon, custom thing someone was doing. As I understand it the original person who did it passed away(?) and his wife was taking care of outstanding orders. I don't know if you can still get them but it's what fixes the problem.

How do you dry out the housing? I guess I have to study up on that part. I imagine if I throw a ballast in without drying out I will wreck more stuff.

I think tomorrow AM I going to get the windows tinted and get the detail job finished, the right way this time.

Boy, beer sure is good. I drove 450 + miles I think I deserve it. I also had my wife and the 3 grandkids. I am still married and none of them got a spanking, a little car sick but that is about it.

All loaded up! Grab some grub at Denny's and on our way back 250 miles[emoji53]. Wasn't quite what I was expecting. They knocked some more off. I almost drove away.View attachment 828472373View attachment 828472374
Wish me luck on the way back. Hope I strapped her down good enough! [emoji16]

First & foremost congrats on the newly acquired gem. How does it feel to be back in the saddle of a Mark VIII after so many years? You know you got yourself a unicorn. Black on blacks are rare. However with patience, every once & a while you find a really good one. Glad you found yours.

By the way, what dimensions is that trailer? I'm going on my 3rd trailer in the last 2 months & none are comfortable enough to fit a Mark VIII & open it's doors without hitting the fenders. I'm getting ready to sell the one I have now to find a wider one.

8 mpg. ouch. lol. i do not miss towing with a gas truck. ;)

under 5k is fine for a pretty nice BoB car. you did alright.

oh and alex, i haven't used a trailer yet that i could open the doors on. cars are too low.
the current trailer would need no fenders at all so i just out the window. not elegant, but effective.

For the neon, to get the water out (and left open won't allow it to collect), drill holes in the lower corners, that gets the water out, and depending on where you live and how much driving in the rain you do, you can just leave them open.

IMG_0006_zpse863846b.jpg

IMG_0008_zps4deaa548.jpg

I borrowed the trailer from a friend. I think he told me 21'. I will see him tomorrow at the Jefferson swap meet, I can find more details if needed. I could not open my doors all the way, at least with me in it. With no weight in the seat you can open the doors with about 1/4" of clearance. Guessing about 12" from the fender to the side of the car with the car centered on the trailer left to right. I loaded the car a little farther forward than one should. I did it too level out the trailer another 1" or so. The drop hitch didn't drop quite enough to be perfectly level.

To get the car on and off I had to jack up the front of the trailer to keep from tearing off the bumper, didn't think to bring boards. The last time I trailered a car was 1990 something...

Glad to be one of the kool kids again!

I didn't get the windows tinted this morning. They want $235. I am going to get a carrier and gears first I think. I think I can almost buy gears and install kit for that kind of money. I have to find a posi carrier though.

Let me know what you want to know about the trailer and I can get pictures and any other information.

Thanks for the drain info! I live in SE Wisconsin so rain isnt really a thing for us.

I would have rather towed with my old truck(Hank).That was an Black 02 F250 super cab with a 7.3 and some mods. That one was awesome on fuel by the time i was done. I lost him to cancer last Spring. The resurrection funding got vetoed by the CFO. She said the ROI wasn't quite there. Honestly I am glad. Would have been a lot of work, sheet metal work and paint are not my strengths. I can't get glass to be smooth and flat...

I'm in central Lake county and tinting goes for $200-225 here, your quoted price is fair but definitely call up a couple more shops.

I am a burnout from Antioch, literally...

Today marks the first day of real progress, kinda. A couple months back I scored a posi carrier and 4:10 gears. Today I picked up a Paxton 1500 with some piping and blow off valve.

As I continue to accumulate parts I have come to a spot or two of extreme confusion. I have read sooooo many links that I have basically researched it to a fault.

Since mine is a 98 it seems there is a bit of concern over what fuel pump to get. Can someone bring closure for me? I am hoping to do just replace the pump in the tank.

Injector size and type recommended ...?

This is a street car not a track car. Not a DD but a weekend cruiser and car show kind of thing. 8 psi is the max boost, I want this to be relatively safe. Note I say relatively... 92-93 pump gas. No cooler at the moment but if I can find something between now and spring it may add it into the project.

A higher stall is in the plans as well, I will worry about that detail as I get farther down the road of the project. For now I want to focus on the fuel system and related charger parts.

I am second guessing the 410 gears but.....

Thanks guys for the coaching

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444011439.686798.jpg

For got the all important picture...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444011439.686798.jpg

Thank you very much!

Most of what I found was speculation or "I am going to try this" and there were no follow up reports...

The top link seems to refer to a dual pump setup. Sounds like it may be overkill for my setup.

I like the bottom link idea much better. Single pump with a little adjustment upon install.

Any other ideas?

Any thoughts on injector size? 40ish? Or can I run what I have, stock?

04 cobra injectors probably. they are 39s.
should be available used in working condition.
that should support 8 psi with a big pump.
an aeromotive 340 should give you plenty of headroom at 8 psi.

I found these and I won't have to get adapters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444093707.185813.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444093707.185813.jpg

What is the performance difference of the large body and the slim body injectors?

Congratulations and very nice but I have a Black on Black 98 LSC with 109K I would sell for $2000 FIRM.

Congratulations and very nice but I have a Black on Black 98 LSC with 109K I would sell for $2000 FIRM.

Of course you do.... I spent over 3 months and drove over 1500 miles looking around for mine. I could have saved 2k. 2k buys a lot of bells and whistles.

Here is a video of it at the track stock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emv3aC7g-SE I was going to add a few goodys so I wanted a before time. I have a Mark pumpkin with 3:73 gears and trac/lok ready for it and a 3,800 stall. Plus a Dirty dog shift kit with the J mod plate. But I got laid off and everything has been put on hold. Having trouble finding a job as no one want to hire you at retirement age. At least not for a good job. Looking like I need to start selling some Marks and parts. If you look at my photo gallery you can see I have 6 Marks.

With that car count I think you are beyond an "enthusiast". At what point do you become a fanatic? Good luck with the job hunt. A year ago I was in a similar position. Fortunately I was in the right place at the right time and didn't even get my first unemployment check. Between the time severance ran out and I started my new job it was 2 weeks. I almost bought a repair shop. Glad I didn't, wouldn't have the free time I do now.

uploadfromtaptalk1446226012430.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446226046047.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446226063274.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446226079145.jpg

This week I was in Houston for training. While there I scored a cobra intake, IMRC plates, TB and all the bolts for $230...

I think I did pretty good. I kinda like the tophat being powedercoated black. The lower is still aluminum.

STILL!! Waiting for my mounting bracket and oil line kits from Superchargers online. According to them they are now waiting on the belt... With my luck the belt wont work with a Mark VIII anyway...

uploadfromtaptalk1446226012430.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446226046047.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446226063274.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446226079145.jpg

How do you guys feel about JBA shorty headers off of an 03 Cobra? They are asking $400

uploadfromtaptalk1446237634234.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446237634234.jpg

Members online

Back