HITE!!!!!! I have a question

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I am putting the transgo shift kit in my valve body and putting it in the car tonight.

I have an issue, the valve next to the 3-4 valve where you install the PCB part with the cotter pin has this little rod that is shaped like an L. There are actually three that I saw, but this one came out and will not go back in, any tricks?

Also there is a tiny little screen its like a rectangle box shape with rounded edges that came out, I have no idea where from though. I have the manual and the manual from transgo and neither show it so I am lost. I have another valvebody in the car and I may just put all the parts in that one but would like to have this one ready to just go in.

Let me get home and check my notes and the transgo diagram to refresh my memory. Can you post a pic of the screen? I dont remember that one at all.

Let me get home and check my notes and the transgo diagram to refresh my memory. Can you post a pic of the screen? I dont remember that one at all.

the force not strong today? or too much "force juice" last night?

They dont allow us to carry light sabers at work. Not to mention Jedi mind tricks are strictly forbidden.

I will post a pic when i get off work today. when I pull the other valve body I am going to look at it as well.

That whole valve with the cotter pin in it seems odd in how it went together.

I have an issue, the valve next to the 3-4 valve where you install the PCB part with the cotter pin has this little rod that is shaped like an L. There are actually three that I saw, but this one came out and will not go back in, any tricks?

If its the retainer pin then try pushing in slightly on the cylinder and setting it. if it falls back out try to set it right before you put the gasket plate back on. When you bolt the gasket plate on it will keep the pin from falling out.

Also there is a tiny little screen its like a rectangle box shape with rounded edges that came out, I have no idea where from though. I have the manual and the manual from transgo and neither show it so I am lost. I have another valvebody in the car and I may just put all the parts in that one but would like to have this one ready to just go in.

I have nothing in my notes or pics about a box shaped screen. I has been awhile since I have been in my trans case with the VB off and my memory isnt what it used to be. I googled some pics or the 5r55n VB and didnt see anything like you describe. Try and post a pic if you can.

I have the valve body on the bench so its not that its falling out, it wouldn't push in the valve is in the way. It doesn't seem that any position of the valve will let it go back into place. I will get pics of it tonight or tomorrow.

I tried another valve body, not rebuilt, this weekend and the car still will not move at all.

It has a new solenoid body in it so not sure what the problem is.

Going to pull every thing back out this week and look it all over and make sure all the tiny little parts are in there the proper way. I am getting tired of this.

hite i need your help

sorry if i imposed on this thread but i need a heat intake for my 02 v6 ls i have a kkm intake . can you help?

2002_lincolnLS, I could have sworn not too long ago you posted that you had a new trans put in along with the Transgo kit, am I mistaken again?

EDIT --- NVM, found it.

They are putting in a TC, pump, sleeving the servo's, new servos, new bands, new clutch packs, new overdrive, a bunch of other odds and ends and comes with a two year warranty.

Ballsy on your part to get in there and forfeit that two year warranty. Just want more kick-in on the upshifts?

They installed the transgo shift kit pump and so fortht, I put all the valve body bits in before it even went in and told them. in fact they put it in most transmissions they do when available....

ballsy move to not know what you are talking about....

just look at the dates of the posts.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back