halogen upgrade from hid

mustang82

LVC Member
Reaction score
is there anyone out there that has converted to halogen from the hid headlights

no most people go the other way.
and i would not consider halogen an "upgrade."

what are you trying to accomplish?

Halogen is not an upgrade from HID. There are zero benefits to halogen over HID.

get an aftermarket 9005 kit and stay with HID's.....I buy my HID's from DDMtuning and I love them...im currently running the 10000k kit in my 97 LSC.

This guy likes to open threads and abandon them i see.

I didn't abandon the thread. Just trying to gather info. I have only one mk viii and I'm definitely not trying to waste any one's time. I had some one named Jay get hold of me and try to sell me an hid plug and play kit. Thought maybe there was a cheaper way to go with cheaper headlights. Just trying to get my car back operational after I tangled with a deer. Thought I'd try to go A diff. Route than the high priced oem bulbs. Not gonna be a looker any more and halogen has been the only thing I've owned in any vehicle. Don't need anything fancy just getting the car road worthy. I'll get hold of the guy somehow to buy his product. Thanks

I didn't abandon the thread. Just trying to gather info. I have only one mk viii and I'm definitely not trying to waste any one's time. I had some one named Jay get hold of me and try to sell me an hid plug and play kit. Thought maybe there was a cheaper way to go with cheaper headlights. Just trying to get my car back operational after I tangled with a deer. Thought I'd try to go A diff. Route than the high priced oem bulbs. Not gonna be a looker any more and halogen has been the only thing I've owned in any vehicle. Don't need anything fancy just getting the car road worthy. I'll get hold of the guy somehow to buy his product. Thanks

I can understand why you want to get her up and going for the least amount possible, but in all my years here i've never seen somebody convert from hids to halogens. The cheapest thing you can do is buy a 9006 vvme kit or similar and fab up your own bulb adapter. Like I said in the other thread, more time consuming to make it but the whole deal would cost you less than $50 if you already own a dremel.

Upgraded to HID just as soon as the new housings arrived and never burned a halogen bulb in them. Just took these two pics last week and they have been in for 5 years, highs and lows, 6K 9005 bulbs. They are halogen housings and the multi-function switch has been modified to have the lows on at the same time the high beams are turned on but it's very rare that I ever need the high beams. I went with two HID kits because I wanted them to match and also, the 3-4 second warm up time doesn't matter to me since the lows are still on anyway. I have sat and switched them off and on, many many times, over and over and never blown a bulb so, in my case, that has been debunked that the bulb will blow from switching them on and off, over and over. Even if... A pair is only $10-$20 if it were to happen.

Low beams 1995

20150413_030815.jpg

High beams with lows on at the same time, all 4 are 6K
20150413_030829.jpg

20150413_030815.jpg

20150413_030829.jpg

What kit is it . I'm having trouble getting in touch with lincmk7lsc@aol.com to buy his kit. Looking for alternatives that are user friendly and not elcheapo.

I went with this kit but as stated above, DDM is good but might be a waiting time, idk. VVME is good also. Mine is a 35 watt kit. I don't do the 55 watt kit but as you can see, I don't need it any brighter. Make sure to get a relay also, if Gen 1. Gen 2 really doesn't need a relay from what I have read.

http://kensun.com/9005/

Members online

No members online now.
Back