02 V6 Hydraulic Fan

BlueBlur

New LVC Member
Reaction score
OK,swapped pump and actuator but fan still does not turn on. Also when I remove lines from fan there is barely a flow of fluid. Should it not be flowing out with pressure?

I had a problem similar to yours when i was replacing the radiator. Turns out the fan system had air in it when we disconnected the motor behind the fan. Try these steps:
1) does the fan spin freely by hand?
2) did you open the fan motor?
-if so, did you put the lock back in between the two gears?
3) try bleeding the air out
4) disconnect the return line from the fan and push the fan clockwise or counter clockwise. You should see fluid coming out the line.
5) bad pump or actuator?

I had a problem similar to yours when i was replacing the radiator. Turns out the fan system had air in it when we disconnected the motor behind the fan. Try these steps:
1) does the fan spin freely by hand?
2) did you open the fan motor?
-if so, did you put the lock back in between the two gears?
3) try bleeding the air out
4) disconnect the return line from the fan and push the fan clockwise or counter clockwise. You should see fluid coming out the line.
5) bad pump or actuator?

Took the fan off dismantled it put it back together also changed actuator and pump. There is fluid in the line.

Turning the fan clockwise is that with the engine on or off?

... Turning the fan clockwise is that with the engine on or off?

Yeah, words of wisdom,
do not stick your hands near the fan assembly of any car while the motor is running or even with keys in ignition for that matter.

Yeah, words of wisdom,
do not stick your hands near the fan assembly of any car while the motor is running or even with keys in ignition for that matter.

Learned that this afternoon. Put another fan on still not working. Somewhere I'm doing something wrong tomorrow I'm just gonna take it to a shop.

Yeah, words of wisdom,

Learned that this afternoon. Put another fan on still not working. Somewhere I'm doing something wrong tomorrow I'm just gonna take it to a shop.

Did you check for the small metal lock in the fan motor assembly?

Members online

No members online now.
Back