2006 lincoln ls alternator

coleio1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Needing to replace my alternator. Ive seen there are a few different brands. Should I buy the aftermarket brand or stick with motorcraft? The differnce in pricing is around $100. Im starting to hear a whining noise and lights starting to dim with stereo playing loud. Whereas before I didnt have these issues.

I don't think that alternator brand is as important for gen II as it is for gen I (OEM only). Still, an extra $100 for the Motorcraft (that will likely be higher quality) doesn't sound bad.

Yeah I dont mind paying the extra if its going to be a better build than say a denso, al delco, or db electric. I just didnt know how well these other brands were in comparison to the motorcraft.

You mention when playing "stereo loud". And per your signature, you are running a W7 in the trunk.

I would suggest going ahead and upgrading to a HO alt and not worry about killing your alternator (and battery) again. Also run some 0 gauge wires for your big 3.

I replaced mines 3 days ago. Midas did it, cost me $355.96. I originally wanted to place a high output alternator on for a audio system I'm planning later this year. Didn't plan to replace it so soon. So I went with what I could afford. Just interviewed for my first job in a new state and need my car, so I had to get the regular alternator. Soon I'll have it taken out tho. I'm gonna run about 8k watts thru my 2002 Lincoln LS V8, and I don't want any issues. I would like to get into a sound show.

... I had to get the regular alternator. Soon I'll have it taken out tho. ...

Good luck with that.
Gen II aftermarket alternator = probably no problem
Gen I (2002 is gen I) aftermarket alternator = nothing but problems

I've got a LIFETIME warranty on it, let's pray that it works well for me! [emoji120]. If not I already plan to get one with 220a for an audio system install. Now I'm having water drain into my passenger door pillar and leak onto the dash.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428117619.395108.jpg

I'm on it! Man I swear reading thru ALL the post dealing with Lincoln LS's. One would think you built the LS from scratch. You're very informative.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428117619.395108.jpg

Orange light flashing?
Turn it on auto and pour some water over the sensor area, wipers should sweep. (Actually, they should also sweep when you turn it to auto too.)

I haven't noticed any light on it. I'm supposed to have it set on INT Auto right? Years ago had the windshield replaced by safelight in my driveway. He never put the module on. I glued and plugged it in yesterday. It rained today, but I manually turned on the wipers. I'll check in the am.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428118375.851931.jpg

My father gave her to me. He bought a 2015 MKS, last week.

I'd like to order a Gen 2 front bumper. I prefer it over the Gen 1. I'll invest in the gen 2 headlights afterward. If I truly need them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428118375.851931.jpg

He probably put the wrong windshield on then.

Members online

Back