Recently killed my 01 LS on a deer. Who wants parts?

Im looking for the driver side seat bolt covers in the light parchment color. 2015-03-21 10.28.53.jpg

2015-03-21 10.28.53.jpg

Sorry guys. I had to go to Fargo last-minute and didn't get your parts out. They'll actually be in the mail tomorrow - they're boxed and labelled. Elephantrider, you should have an email from paypal with the tracking info, and I'll pm tracking to you izzy after I get it (I have to print your postage at the post office).

Oh man, I've been trying to nitpick stuff my car needs since I got it... Off the top of my head:
- What is the state of the trunk weatherstripping? "<43720" appears to be the part number.
- What's the VIN? If you have the memory mirrors and your driver's side works, I'd love to get both of those parts. LH Mirror Drive - 17D696, LH Mirror - 17K707. If it is easier just to yank the whole mirror assembly, I could remove the parts I need from that.
- Do you have the little rubber plugs for the holes in the engine compartment? I'm not sure why, but mine only has one on the left. Looks like it may have been removed at some point from the right and was never replaced.

Thanks!

The trunk stripping is no good. I have the memory mirrors and plug. Make an offer.

I PMed your tracking Izzy. I sent it via Priority since I took so long (essentially making them free). Your posts (and bigrig's posts) have helped me out a lot, so I don't mind in the least.

I PMed your tracking Izzy. I sent it via Priority since I took so long (essentially making them free). Your posts (and bigrig's posts) have helped me out a lot, so I don't mind in the least.

I got them last night! YAY! Now I won't be drawn to look at those naked nuts every time I get in my car......:shifty:....... Thank you!

izzy with the naked nuts, now that's funny! LOL

no pics though! seriously we don't want to see that!

I am still interested in that passenger mirror, though all I really need is the glass for mine if it's possible to just swap that out. Or if you just wanna sell the whole assembly that's cool. Just lemme know what you prefer.

Seller does not ship internationally.
~ Grrrrrrr!!!!

be alright, I'll find a pair of inner tails 1st GEN locally one day, shipping back-forth US/CAN is overpriced anyhow.

Let me know what you're interested in, and shoot me an offer. I'm going to scrap it soon if no one is interested.

You could so much make an old man, and old gearhead happy, if we can work something out...I recently acquired a 97 Grand Marquis GS with single exhaust. I am retired and on a somewhat limited budget, but am handy with a wrench, having worked flatrate for a few years in my distant youth.

I especially want to upgrade to a dual exhaust, and if I could work something reasonable out with you for the H-pipe and driver side tailpipe/muffler, that would be Christmas in April/early May birthday present time. I believe they interchange, but will have to check my collection of mechanical articles for my exhaust interchange article.

Do you have the rear view mirror with the external temp display and/or the autodimming feature? That is another mod I want to install.

Other items on my wishlist include a transmission cooler (pretty sure you also have the 4R70W, not the later E version); an oil cooler and/or larger oil pan; and electric cooling fan(s), if that is what you have instead of a mechanical fan.

Might also be interested in your ziptube and/or airbox, but again, I have to find my MZT mod article to see if that will swap easily. Will get back to you.

But the real big deal would be to be able to get the H-pipe and tailpipe/muffler. I think it is Rockauto or JC Whitney that shows a new H-pipe for around 35-40 bucks, and not sure about the pipe and muffler, but if you're just parting it out anyway and aren't trying to make a fortune, anything you could do to help out this old former Marine and longtime gearhead would be fantastic.

In addition, if you'd like, and if you have PC's, I could show you how to set up your machines to be ultra secure, without performance slow down, using all free software. I have been doing this for years, as a retired IT consultant/software engineer, and with a wife in school and a son who just left his teens, and all that implies, we have had zero virus or rootkit problems. A PC tuneup for a couple of old exhaust parts, perhaps? I'd even include a complete writeup for you, so you could maintain it in the future.

I know this is a long shot, but if I keep looking, and am open to some good oldfashioned wheeling and dealing/horsetrading, I will find a way sooner or later to get some nice mods without making my wife freak out.

Or if you don't want a PC tuneup, how about a straight purchase?

Thanks,
Dan G.

PS you are a lucky camper, hitting a deer, with no more damage than that, although driving a large body on frame RWD car with some heavy metal under the hood certainly helped also. Sadly, the wife of a local pastor died about a year ago when she hit a deer on a country road.

FWIW, I have read research that says that well over three-quarters of all deer/car collisions take place in the months of May and November, usually at dawn or dusk. Something to do with mating and migration patterns. This data and these odds are enough to get me to to drive more slowly and more alertly at those times. Hope this info helps others.

Let me know what you're interested in, and shoot me an offer. I'm going to scrap it soon if no one is interested.

PS What rear end do you have in yours? Is it the 8.8 in differential? What ratio? I am hoping for a 3.27, and looking to add Traction-lok as well. Currently running a 2.73 open rear end. Mine has the 28 spline axles, and I believe yours does also. Do you have ABS? I do not, but don't think that is an issue, as it can be deleted from the axle easily enough.

Another thing I am looking for is a trunk lid, but don't know if they interchange. More research. Will find out. Mine has a small crease in it, where the little old lady co-original-owner tried to back out of her garage before she opened the garage door. Also, if it was aluminum, as some were, I'd like to lose the weight. Ditto for the hood if aluminum. All I know is that Ford made a lot of those types of body parts interchangeable across years and makes, and a fair number of them aluminum instead of steel.

Might also want the driveshaft if aluminum or (rare and probably not on yours) a carbon matrix one. Think the latter was only on the CVPI's, but not sure.

If we could work something out, even though some of this stuff is fairly large, I'd consider driving out there, getting a UHaul trailer, and hauling it back here, if necessary. (Already got the class II hitch on the back :) ).

If I can get at least the dual exhaust and the 3.27 tractionlok, I will be much closer to where I want to be, with only an MZT (Marauder airbox/ziptube/tune) to end up with a decent "sleeper". So my search continues.

If I did decide to come out there, would also consider doing some of the part pulling, both for my stuff, and to help you salvage other stuff of value, perhaps before junking the more bulky and more worthless stuff.

I also have a cracked piece under my front bumper, but don't think that is an interchange at all. Still, I will look at your pics and see.

Pretty much nothing from the LS fits a Grand Marquis. It is definitely a different engine, transmission, drive shaft, differential, ...

Lincoln LS, not a Vic LS or Grand Marquis LS (if that's a thing). Different car altogether...

but don't think that is an interchange at all.

I would honestly be surprised if one single part was interchangeable between these two completely different cars.

now on the other hand, if he were parting out a town car...

Do you have the long bolt that is meant to hold the spare tire and jack to the trunk? I'm missing mine. Let me know what you want for it.

Members online

Back