What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I figured since people drill holes in the air box before their filter to increase air flow there would HAVE to be more gain after! I will let you know how it goes :eek:

I thought about fiberglass but I think I found an easier solution. I will snap a couple of pics once I make a little more progress.

Last edited:
Bigpips intake tube holes looks like the new home for a few heat exchangers.

Bigpips intake tube holes looks like the new home for a few heat exchangers.
Now were talkin'! I am one of the fortunate few to have the Dimpled intake tube so I have a lot more worried to do to smooth mine out.

Started patching the 2"x3" hole in my drivers side rocker. The main objective is to close it and make it look somewhat presentable. Total hack job but its turning out pretty good so far.

Still can't figure out why my cruise isn't working. Fuses are good, light turns on but won't engage. Tried running the self test but it won't work. Sigh.

Still can't figure out why my cruise isn't working. Fuses are good, light turns on but won't engage. Tried running the self test but it won't work. Sigh.

My cruise has a long delay, at first I thought it didnt work but found out suddenly when I lifted it caught. Cruise control is a requirement for me so I can understand the frustration of it not working.

i drove the LSC 1000 miles this weekend.
needed a tail light bulb and a emissions tee.
easy peasy.
not bad for 198k.

Scored a 96LSC rear bumper cover (needs a little work to be 100%) and some 99 Lincoln Continental B-intake-to-C-head adapter plates. I did, however, miss the heads (entire engine was gone when I got there) off an '05 Aviator that showed up in the local yard.

Well, hack job is completed.

This is what it looked like last fall-

DSCF9612_zps200fb320.jpg

This...

DSCF9611_zpsdb2a0ef5.jpg

Came out of this..

DSCF9610_zps97cae3c5.jpg

Fixed that before winter with some expanding foam and black paint.

Developed a hole about the size of a golf ball during winter, the outlined section was crumbling apart just from touching it this last weekend. At that point I had to do something.

8d4ca561-a46b-43bb-ba93-6a179690c824_zpsqnbkqdvq.jpg

Works for me

DSCF9664_zpsjwtsgwlq.jpg

DSCF9665_zpsqkjs23um.gif

It's a pretty good match in person. Should've spent a little more time on the bodywork as the transition isn't as smooth as I would've liked. If it were anywhere else on the car I would've spent a little extra time on it but just wanted to get it done before the colder weather sets back in.

The upper seam is still there, just painted over it. I think it looks pretty damn good for what it is.

Started patching the 2"x3" hole in my drivers side rocker. The main objective is to close it and make it look somewhat presentable. Total hack job but its turning out pretty good so far.

My 97 CC did the same thing. It was the switch under the right front fender, where they did the re-call. If it wasn't leaking, all they changed was the wire harness. Dealer has the switches. Could be the harness. That's where I'd start.

My 97 CC did the same thing. It was the switch under the right front fender, where they did the re-call. If it wasn't leaking, all they changed was the wire harness. Dealer has the switches. Could be the harness. That's where I'd start.

Recall was done back in the fall of 09'. I poked my head under there on Sunday and the harness is still intact with no leaking. I Initially went under there to check the fuses but it appears that they aren't serviceable per the tag on the harness.

Removed the headlight switch due to it being "loose". When set on auto it would fluctuate (10 to 20 to 30sec ect) when going over every little bump. Ended up splitting it (3 tabs, use flathead), cleaned the board and applied a layer of dielectric grease to it. There are also 3 copper prongs that I bent to get a firmer grip on the boards contacts.

Tip: The dielectric comes in handy when bending the prongs as you'll be able to tell were the prongs are making contact with the board, adjust as necessary.

I wasn't sure if that was going to be enough to stop it so I also added a 1/4"x1/4" strip of 3/8" black foam weather stripping. Slipped it over the knobs pole and straight to the base so that it created a little extra friction to keep it from moving so easily.

It has been 2 days and haven't noticed it fluctuate on the messege center.

Hello

Finally I`ll place to Cobra intake my -98 MK VIII and use original fuelrail and EGR, that`s can do intake spacer !
Lincci98 055.jpg
Lincci98 057.JPGLincci98 064.JPGLincci98 067.JPG
hope this picture help !!!!

Lincci98 055.jpg

Lincci98 057.JPG

Lincci98 064.JPG

Lincci98 067.JPG

Cleaned up some over-spray from my little patch job last weekend. Also decided to give it the first legit wash of the season, cleaned the inside very thoroughly and threw in the summer mats as well.

Too bad I just found out we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow. :(

I need to replace my 96 rearview mirror. Are all gen1windshield mounting bases the same.....I.e will a 93, 4, 5 mirror fit my 96 windshield? I know the elec connect is different.

Getting ready to order rear air springs from rock auto. Should I get the Arnott, the Westar or does it matter? Or should I order them from somewhere else?

Colder weather kept me from doing anything but I did manage to wash it and the undercarriage to free it from the salt. Hopefully last weeks little surprise will be the last of it.

This weekend it'll be an oil change and lube. Might put the summer wheels on too, or i'll wait till I replace the springs. No rush as I don't really have any projects left..

Replaced the heater core in my '97 base MK VIII this weekend. Not fun @ all! :Bang I'm a fairly decent mechanic & to those that claim they replaced their heater core in 4 hours, I call B.S.!!! If you REALLY completed the job in 4 hours, I'm not worthy!:Beer

Had to change #6 coil, as it died on the way home from work today. It's amazing how one dead cylinder makes it run like crap! Smooth as a sewing machine again........a 4 cam, 32 valve, 2nd gear tire chirping screamin' sewing machine!

Last edited:
Spring maintenance is complete. Oil change,cleaned maf, lube and wheels.

Checked the wire bundle to the side of the air box where it is known to rub against the a/c line and potentially damage the wires inside. Found the area but the wires appear to be in fully intact but show noticeable wear.I reinforced the area between the two. The only reason I checked it was due to my present Cruise control issue....

If anyone is curious.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?83164-Do-I-have-a-bad-clockspring

Members online

Back