Cross Compatible Idle Air Control Valves? Help Please.

jbelcourt

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a Motorcraft IAC Valve. I put in a BWD about a year ago and I'm having issues associated with a bad IAC Valve. I have been looking online the last few hours, bouncing ideas off some guys on Facebook. The one for my 93 is Motorcraft CX1649 which I cannot find anywhere for sale. The BWD brand one is part number 28939. Looking that one over carefully, Motorcraft CX1666 looks exactly the same, only the plug faces about ~15 degrees to the right (or when install, towards the firewall). I'm worried the plug won't reach, though I can't remember how much slack there was. Assuming it functions exactly the same, I assume the CX1666 would work if the plug reaches.

Now, going on the assumption that the CX1666 would work, I ran across the Motorcraft CX1653. Again, unit looks exactly the same (port, plug, two bolt, etc) only the plug is placed differently (facing "upward" towards the hood). So, if CX1666 would work, CX1653 should also work and would solve the concern of the plug not reaching.

Anyone have any insight by chance on these IAC's? I would like to get one ordered but I want to make sure, functionality wise, they are exactly the same.

STOCK (on my car now)

CX1666

CX1653

Thanks guys.

No, I checked. I was searching the web for literally hours last night, including trying to cross reference another IAC that might work.

I thought about that option as well. That is such a tight spot to work in, I'm concerned on the difficulty I might have trying to work back there on the wiring.

Members online

No members online now.
Back