4.10's and keep IMRC's or go 4.30's and delete IMRC's??

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
That is the question. What would you guys say to that?

Or, lets throw it for a loop... 4.10's and delete, or 4.30's and keep IMRC's?

What would be the better option? Car will more than likely be more street driven than track driven. But I want to have good fun at the track when I go.

i would leave em. the B heads really do like having them.
yes, you might be leaving a few peak HP on the table with them, but meh.

as far as gearing, i like the 93s 4.10s, i like the 96s 3.73s. i guess im not very picky. but at least 3.73.

I'll be coming to a crossroads soon... See, my 4.10s that I have in the car right now, are junk. I bought them sight unseen, and when the diff was tore apart, decided to pull them out of storage, and install them, and I had forgot that I threw them in storage because I was mad at how wore out they were. But, I needed a gear and had no extra money to buy a new one. So in it went.

So I can keep the same ratio, or go bigger. Thats kinda where I'm at.

I have a 3500 stall in the car already as well.

deleting imrc without changing the intake is redundant at best leave em unless you do something more extreme. are you happy with your 4.10s? going to 4.30 from there wont see much change until about 4.56 my opinion on gears going higher than 4.10s for the street is a little overkill. going from stock 3.07 or lsc 3.27 youll really see the difference, 4.10 to ? not so much

I'll be different. 4.10 gears and a 3500 stall is enough to negate the need to even have the IMRCs in the first place. I say delete them. The stall and gearing is solving the low end torque issues that the IMRCs were designed to band-aid and the intake runners don't even really give a crap at this point if they had feelings to express. Get a tune after you delete them, and on top of all that you should see about 15hp gain at the top of your powerband. There was a previous member with a 5-speed B-head Cobra that saw even more gains than that up top on the dyno after deleting the IMRCs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back