2002 Ls Fog lights

YoungLs1996

LVC Member
Reaction score
Being stupid like the 18 y/o I am. I bought Lens paint and painted my headlights and fog lights black and now I barely see. I'm replacing all of them tomorrow, the only question I have is how do I take the fog lights out. I looked on the Internet and couldn't find anything. I don't mind just diving into it tomorrow, but it would be nice to save some time knowing how to before I replace them

Did you use lens tint like vht nightshade? If so you dont have to buy new lights... that can be removed... there are tint removal videos all over youtube... but the fogs arent hard to get out... its like 3 bolts...

Reach through the bottom of the bumper with an 11mm socket for the outer-upper nut and the inner-lower nut. Use a 6" extension and maybe a u-joint for the inner-upper nut.

This is the back of a passenger Gen 2 fog shroud (shroud bolts to car, fig light sits in shroud and can tilt up/down). I have marked the locations of the Gen 1 stud locations with masking tape. Left is inner, right is outer.

2015-03-13 22.54.57.jpg

2015-03-13 22.54.57.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back