Gen1 fog light questions?

Rich88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't have an LS anymore, but the 05-06 Navis have the same fog lights as Gen1 LSs.

Has anyone opened the housings up? If baked will they pull apart like most headlights? And can anyone tell me a measurement from the inside of the leans to the inside of the bulb socket? I'm going to try and retrofit either an HID projector or an true LED fog light(not just an aftermarket bulb) into the housing. I don't want to get under the truck in the cold wet snowy weather that will not give up out here to take the measurement.

As useless as this response may be, I can tell you that Gen 2s do not come apart (or at least the black sealant showed no change when hit with a heat gun).

However, I can get back to you in a few weeks, hopefully, if everything comes together. I'm swapping Gen 2s into my Gen 1 and will then have a set to investigate. At that point, though, you may already be out of the snow. I'm waiting on the snow too :/

Keep updating when you do it! I think something like that would look sick and would be interested in doing the same thing to my Gen1

Thanks Frank. If I can't open them up for a small projector I will try and cut open the back for a LED retrofit. I want to paint the chrome black so I;m hoping to get them open. They are only $30 each or so on amazon so I might buy one to mess with.

Eric will do. I am planning a quad projector setup for the Navi headlights and want to try something simpler first.

Members online

No members online now.
Back