New edition to the fleet!

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
New to the family is our 05 Lincoln Town car signature L with 61K, one owner Florida car. This has almost every option I was looking for and to find one that was NOT used by a limo service. What it is missing are the hidden back up sensors (06+ option), fog lights (only 03 and 07 option), and a Tachometer (06+ option). It was actually harder to find an L that was clean, rust free and not limo miles which was the biggest option I was looking for. The other upgrades it has are Navi and HIDs.
IMG_0036_zpsxvrydzgw.jpg

IMG_0018_zpscb0hgxh3.jpg

IMG_0022_zpstkh3pcss.jpg

IMG_0025_zpske6ryxwl.jpg

IMG_0017_zps9pjngdcv.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsc1ot0jmp.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsxvrydzgw.jpg

IMG_0018_zpscb0hgxh3.jpg

IMG_0022_zpstkh3pcss.jpg

IMG_0025_zpske6ryxwl.jpg

IMG_0017_zps9pjngdcv.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsc1ot0jmp.jpg

What a gorgeous car! Congrats, I can imagine how hard it was to find such a clean one, I know it's hard to find a DTS-L, let alone a low mileage one. What other cars do you own?

Thanks eots44. So the others are

2002 Lincoln Town Car
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Silver)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII (Ivory)
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII (Silver)

My broken Mark you can see in the back, which was a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII (white).

Yeah, I love my Lincolns! But yeah, it is definitely hard to find an L that isn't used by the limo companies. DTS-L is even gonna more harder to find since I didn't even know such cars came in an L until you posted some pics and I am sure the production numbers are so little compared to Town Cars.

Yup, the DTS-L I'm almost 100% certain was only sold commercially, so the majority were sold to fleets and to be used as limousines. There were very few circumstances where some were sold to companies and corporations to be used as company cars, or in some cases to chauffeur high ranking officers around. You have to have a keen eye to find one, because being as they were never really a trim offered, they aren't even listed as an option on sites such as cars.com. The majority you will find being sold now as used, were the limousine used ones, with anywhere between 180,000 to 400,000 miles on them, black on black, and pretty basically equipped, even though you could get them as loaded as a standard DTS. I once found a really nice one not too long ago, it was a gorgeous plum color with a cream interior fully loaded with only 80,000 miles. I wanted it so bad, but it was too far away for me. :( This is what they look like.
2008_Cadillac_DTSL.jpg
x07ca_dt008.jpg
Cadillac-DTS-L-8-StretchSedan_B.jpg

2008_Cadillac_DTSL.jpg

x07ca_dt008.jpg

Cadillac-DTS-L-8-StretchSedan_B.jpg

I know, it's such a difficult task to squeeze into the back seat of my CTS without having your legs crammed against the front seats, and forget it if you have to sit in the middle, your head touches the roof, unless you slouch, and the transmission hump is just narrow enough that you can't put both feet on it, and yet just wide enough that if you try to position your feet to the side of it, you'll get a cramp. On another note, that's quite a fleet you've built up! I myself might be forming my own Cadillac fleet within the next 5 or so years. I have my CTS now, and I'm currently looking at 2000-2005 Devilles, and in the future I'd like to get a 2011 DTS Platinum edition. That's just what's on my "wish list", it's likely an Eldorado or Seville STS could catch my eye. I'm assuming the Mark VIII is you're favorite Lincoln, considering you own four of them. They are pretty cool cars, especially for the time they came out. It's amazing to me all the things you guys do to them!

Beautiful Town Car! I saw a clean Florida TC at tropical auto sales, had 46k ivory white, tan leather, mock top, with those 18 in wheels, fog lights.

That DTS is cool too, never knew about the L version.

Beautiful Town Car! I saw a clean Florida TC at tropical auto sales, had 46k ivory white, tan leather, mock top, with those 18 in wheels, fog lights.

That DTS is cool too, never knew about the L version.
Yeah most people don't know, like I said that's most likely because I'm pretty sure it was only sold and advertised though commercial sales. I myself didn't know until I came across one and thought it looked bigger then usual, so I did some research and found out.

Members online

Back