Lower Control Arms

ssmoparviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a question that I could not find the answer using the search box. My lower control arm bushings are just about dead and I need to replace them. Ive looked around and have found the whole lower control arm no problem. But Ive also seen just the bushings. I also have seen lower control arms with the description saying "bushings included". So here is my question... Can you press new bushings into the lowers or do you have to replace the whole thing like the uppers?

I can tell you I have done both. I got a bushing from eBay (passenger side) and they were ok but I had to pay to have them pressed in and I had to wait to have it done. The whole control arm option is easier and faster but neither bushing will hold up that well if you are lowered and running aftermarket wheels like I am. I think the camber bolts I have in there and the adjustment needed to correct the camber is causing a lot of stress on them because they are already cracking. meh either way depends on if you have the time or not to do the bushing only or want to make it easier and do the whole thing.

Im far from lowered and using aftermarket wheels. lol I think the car is low enough for what it is. I just went ahead and ordered the whole LCA form Rockauto. Figured it would be quicker to do and really dont want to have to wait to get the bushings pressed in. lol

I can tell you I have done both. I got a bushing from eBay (passenger side) and they were ok but I had to pay to have them pressed in and I had to wait to have it done. The whole control arm option is easier and faster but neither bushing will hold up that well if you are lowered and running aftermarket wheels like I am. I think the camber bolts I have in there and the adjustment needed to correct the camber is causing a lot of stress on them because they are already cracking. meh either way depends on if you have the time or not to do the bushing only or want to make it easier and do the whole thing.

I assume this is front lower control arms? Do you have dimensions on the bushings? I thought I read dimensions somewhere on here but I can't find the thread now. There seems to be many bad reviews of the Deutche Parts bushings so I'd like to avoid using those. I found another place that has polyurethane bushings. Dimensions are:

Frt Lwr Bushing 1 Frt Lwr Bushing 2
Lg 3.063" 2.459"
OD 2.750" 1.772"
ID 0.551" 0.551"
arm width 2.459 1.429"

Members online

No members online now.
Back