Very Annoying Ticking sound...

So I tried joegr suggestion to Rev to the engine then shut the engine off, which in theory would prove or disprove a bad injector, and in my case the tick continued after the key was turned to off and the the engine decreased in rpm until it stopped, I'm unsure now, I was hoping this was the answer for the tick, and hopefully be as simple as an injector, but if this theory is correct then the tick is something else, :mad:,

Any other suggestions?!?!?!

So I tried joegr suggestion to Rev to the engine then shut the engine off, which in theory would prove or disprove a bad injector, and in my case the tick continued after the key was turned to off and the the engine decreased in rpm until it stopped, I'm unsure now, I was hoping this was the answer for the tick, and hopefully be as simple as an injector, but if this theory is correct then the tick is something else, :mad:,

Any other suggestions?!?!?!
I think ill try this also... im starting to think that mine is an exhaust leak somewhere just not sure where its coming from... anyone have any suggestions for tracking down a leak? I probably wont be looking at my LS issues for a few days. Its 18 degrees this morning... this guy is ready for spring...

Its 18 degrees this morning... this guy is ready for spring...

I'm ready for winter...... Supposed to be mid to upper 80's this week, was low 80's last week..... I really hate 10-11 months of summer......

I'm ready for winter...... Supposed to be mid to upper 80's this week, was low 80's last week..... I really hate 10-11 months of summer......
Where are you located? Ill trade ya... lol... winter is my least favorite season...

It's in the 50s here. One thing I like about Oklahoma, we get a proper freezing winter but we get a break from it about every other week. We're far enough north that Canadian cold fronts can reach us, and far enough south that Mexican warm fronts can hit. So, a week or two of bitter cold, then a week of 50-80, all winter long. I don't think I could hack seeing the thermometer going south of 32 in August and not coming up again until April.

My '06 has the noisy injectors that others have mentioned, although I think one sticks (not sure if open or closed though). In my case if I pour a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment the ticking will almost go away for that tank of gas and the next one. After that is slowly returns to it's original noisy volume.

You could try picking up a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment and seeing if that makes the noise change. Runs around $5 for a bottle that treats a whole tank. If it does then it's probably injectors like in my case.

My '06 has the noisy injectors that others have mentioned, although I think one sticks (not sure if open or closed though). In my case if I pour a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment the ticking will almost go away for that tank of gas and the next one. After that is slowly returns to it's original noisy volume.

You could try picking up a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment and seeing if that makes the noise change. Runs around $5 for a bottle that treats a whole tank. If it does then it's probably injectors like in my case.
Thanks... will give that a shot also....

San Diego..... The cost of living here reflects a quite high Weather Premium!!
Very true... worth it though for the warmth... id move to CA but I cant take my daughter from her grandparents... I didnt have mine in my life much bc of the distance...

Very true... worth it though for the warmth... id move to CA but I cant take my daughter from her grandparents... I didnt have mine in my life much bc of the distance...

Trust me.... It ain't worth it. "Cheap gas/electric bill is ~$150 and we aren't running the heat or A/C; COSTCO premium is now up to $2.699 (up $.04 since yesterday); it's just the 2 of us and our water bill is ~$100 and I haven't watered the lawn since before Thanksgiving. Then there are the taxes!!!! You can't communicate with the staff at most fast food restaurants in English....

I guess we do have 4 seasons..... Summer, Fire, Rain and Mudslides!!!!

Move to Florida if you can make that up north money. Cheap gas is around $2/gal. Electric can be high but the rest is pretty damn cheap. Also only snows every 15 years or so and a winter low is 40 for a few days.

On the down side, jobs don't typically pay much and there's a lot of *******s who move here from other states. :)

... and a lot of older folks that leave after 6mths, ie: my parents! LOL

... and a lot of older folks that leave after 6mths, ie: my parents! LOL

NO no, we like snowbirds. We let them pay all our personal income taxes and the best part is they eventually LEAVE!

smiley-score010.gif

When I visited them couple years back, when out and about with them, all I saw was Canadian tags all over.

San Diego..... The cost of living here reflects a quite high Weather Premium!!
You aint lying about that...got up at 7am and it's 70* outside.

Trust me.... It ain't worth it. "Cheap gas/electric bill is ~$150 and we aren't running the heat or A/C; COSTCO premium is now up to $2.699 (up $.04 since yesterday); it's just the 2 of us and our water bill is ~$100 and I haven't watered the lawn since before Thanksgiving. Then there are the taxes!!!! You can't communicate with the staff at most fast food restaurants in English....

I guess we do have 4 seasons..... Summer, Fire, Rain and Mudslides!!!!

And that's why I'm moving to WA.

Well good new... I figured out what the ticking noise was... bad news is it was my spark plug coming loose... this was the same cylinder i had to change the coil on a month or so ago... i didnt have a short enough extension when i was replacing the coil in my work parking lot so i didnt check the spark plug... bad decision on my part... today i was about 45 mins from home when I heard a loud pop and then could definitely tell I wasnt running on all cylinders... had my father in law bring my tools and had to put a new plug in... wonderful weather to be doing this in... negative 6 with the windchill today... anyway... got it screwed back in and fired it up... drove all the way home with no issues and when I got home I got out and thankfully no ticking anymore either... good times...

Well good new... I figured out what the ticking noise was... bad news is it was my spark plug coming loose... this was the same cylinder i had to change the coil on a month or so ago... i didnt have a short enough extension when i was replacing the coil in my work parking lot so i didnt check the spark plug... bad decision on my part... today i was about 45 mins from home when I heard a loud pop and then could definitely tell I wasnt running on all cylinders... had my father in law bring my tools and had to put a new plug in... wonderful weather to be doing this in... negative 6 with the windchill today... anyway... got it screwed back in and fired it up... drove all the way home with no issues and when I got home I got out and thankfully no ticking anymore either... good times...

Well grats that all it was.

Also man I'm jealous of the weather you guys keep talking about. RIP motorcycle rides. Snowstorm after snow storm. Its been like over 38 twice in two months.

Well grats that all it was.

Also man I'm jealous of the weather you guys keep talking about. RIP motorcycle rides. Snowstorm after snow storm. Its been like over 38 twice in two months.
We have had that much snow... just been bitter cold... supposed to get 12 to 14 inches tomorrow though... im so ready for spring...

We have had that much snow... just been bitter cold... supposed to get 12 to 14 inches tomorrow though... im so ready for spring...

Dude you have no idea. lol
bobrobro.png

2015_02_01.jpg

All day long i have friends i talk from cali/nm/florida... I get so sick of hearing about 70s and the "Cold weather" of 40. lol

Dude you have no idea. lol
bobrobro.png

2015_02_01.jpg

All day long i have friends i talk from cali/nm/florida... I get so sick of hearing about 70s and the "Cold weather" of 40. lol

Took a drive along the beach today.... It was a very nice 70º and sunny!! The marine layer was way offshore and the coastline was just beautiful!! Supposed to be upper 40's tonight..... BRRRRRRRRR......

I had to put on long pants on Friday Night. It got into the 30's overnight! :O

On the flip side, it's literally a 9-month 'Hot' season here with around 4-5 months of mid 90's for a high with 90%+ humidity. So no snow, but you literally walk around in a sauna for half the year with daily afternoon rain showers.

I need to find somewhere to move that is 80 degrees with no humidity year round... lol... that would be perfect... out of cold and hot though ill take hot over cold anyday...

I need to find somewhere to move that is 80 degrees with no humidity year round... lol... that would be perfect... out of cold and hot though ill take hot over cold anyday...

It'll hit 80 here by mid march, and the 90's by the end of April. Then you are looking at 92-96 degree's every day with relative humidity until October when you start to get below 90. End of December through middle of February is the 'cold season where you have highs that are in the 70's or under.

It's even worse in Miami then here in Tampa. Their idea of a cold snap is an overnight low of 50. You basically run your air conditioner year round down there. That's too damn hot for me. I'd rather have cooler weather but I don't want crazy snow or cold.

I need to find somewhere to move that is 80 degrees with no humidity year round... lol... that would be perfect... out of cold and hot though ill take hot over cold any day...

You want San Diego....... Though we do get the monsoonal flow once or twice in August/September.

You want San Diego....... Though we do get the monsoonal flow once or twice in August/September.

LOL, your weather is so damn consistent, that they separate your seasons into what ever natural disaster is about to destroy your house next!

Members online

Back