03 CTS (Sport?) battery is dead, doors are locked....how do I get in??

MsM8tress

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Battery went dead and the transmitter (fresh batteries) will not unlock the doors.

Ive read that it's possible to have "Pop-A-Loc" to come and use the inflatable pillow to open back door then climb into front open hood charge battery and then release the front lock

I was also wondering if there is anyway to open the hood by reaching up from under the car??

Is it really that crazy???

Any tips, suggestions, anyone have???

Again, I looked all through the Cadillac forums and was unable to find a similar problem, lots of computers locking...but no issues with not being able to get in, except someones passenger door and there were no replies to it.

Im asking for a desperate friend - thanks in advance!!

Respectfully appreciate your reply...,for some reason the 03 is the albatross...(95 -96 Mark VIII LSC owners can empathize) there is no magic key in the transmitter..Ive googled, searched, scoured the obvious & ambiguous.., tomorrow I rape the grill for opportunities to violate the hood cable release, violate the rear doors fortitude and the molest the front bumpers undercarriage...its personal now... lol

Respectfully appreciate your reply...,for some reason the 03 is the albatross...(95 -96 Mark VIII LSC owners can empathize) there is no magic key in the transmitter..Ive googled, searched, scoured the obvious & ambiguous.., tomorrow I rape the grill for opportunities to violate the hood cable release, violate the rear doors fortitude and the molest the front bumpers undercarriage...its personal now... lol

No, they mean the ignition key.
It can be used to unlock the driver's door or trunk.
If for some reason the driver's door lock can't be unlocked by the key, then try the trunk where you can drop the back seats to crawl through.

But the driver's door lock should work.

LS never had the 'key in the transmitter' feature or push button start.

The 03 has no trunk key opening feature, open the trunk using interior release or pull down the back seat, crawl into the trunk and pull the emergency release.

My next suggestion to him is use a brick and pick the cheapest window - lol...I cant believe these cars are made this way!

where is your ignition key? is there not a key hole in the drivers door to unlock it with a key?

yes, there is a door key and it is also the ignition key, however GM didn't think this one out too well, or maybe they did to ensure an income.

We called all the cadillac dealers - they all said get it towed and pay 300+ and we will get the hood open. The local mechanics and tow guys said at least 200 to get it towed plus more when it arrives.

I used a special tool I acquired years ago and opened the hood within 75 seconds, I then entered the cabin and started the thing (with a new battery)....however after starting we turned the ignition off and experienced a hilarious series of faux paus!!! The thing decided to lock the key in the ignition and not start again, the lights flashed for quite some time, the key was locked in the ignition, the sunroof opened and wouldn't close, the clock ran backwards (yeah a analog in a 03...really!!! and its located on the left side of the spedo...freeeeky!!!), and the thing wouldn't start again. I am 99.9% sure that due to the poor quality of GMs electronic equipment, the EMC is trash (common with this model, and years 03-...present Cadillacs), and that the EMC needs replaced. I doubt if that will fix the problem for long because they will be replacing the piece of trash EMC with the same piece of trash EMC that is in it now. The EMC is only a few hundred...well, if your lucky. Hey, it looks awesome sitting there!!! Too bad the apartment complex don't feel the same way and are going to have it towed!

I advised my friend to get a EMC and sell that POS ASAP!!!

Thanks ya'll for your replies!!

Smooches!
MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back