What did you do to your LS today?

Hmmmmmm....... My side glass was also greenish but the strip at the top of the windscreen has always been blueish.
That's weird. Maybe mine was replaced previously. I know this one was replaced free.

wait what?!?!?

Florida, by law, prevents insurers from charging a deductible for windshield replacement. Of course, you can get policies with no deductible for windshield replacement in other states.

Yep. I've had my windshield in my '00 dodge dakota replaced 3 times at no charge by my last insurance company. Thanks to the many dump trucks always running around throwing up rocks from the road. No deductible, no insurance rate increase.

OK, SOMEONE PLEASE ADOPT ME INTO THE USA, (I also need a fresh windshield)

on another note: I didn't do anything to my LS today but I've been doing some renovations in the basement, which includes more shelving and organizing all my crap (did I tell you guys my Fn toolbox took a forward nose plant onto the floor some time ago?)(yeah one too many drawers left open on the last tool grab) so ... I came to the conclusion of the following "Hello LVC, my name is BigRigLS and I have a problem!" Should see the Fn parts inventory I've got going on, it's embarrassing alright! There's a chance, I'll be redoing it soon as I'm currently just trying to get it of the floor into totes but I might just one day lay it all out in an organized manner and take some pics.

Our "free" healthcare sure has cost me a bundle!!!!!!!

Same here. Two years ago I was paying insurance for my family and had pretty good coverage. Now I'm paying for my family, two more families down the road, and a family of illegals and my own coverage is now crap.

Took it to the mechanic because Cylinder Four was misfiring and had a total compression of 70 psi along with a knocking sound coming from the cam shaft on the same side. So this will be fun and expensive. I wont know till Monday what the exact cost will be

cleaned the mass air flow sensor. thinking about doing the throttle body next. been having hesitation on acceleration causing misfire. i don't think it's the coils or plugs just replaced them in October.

Would love to get that many miles per gallon. I'm getting 11.5 on my 04 v8.

wow, there is seriously something wrong going on. I drive my LS hard as hell, the gas pedal is totally digital, it only has off and full on and I still get 15-16 MPG, there is not one time the engine is started that it doesn't see at least one full 1/4 mile pass. it also sits idling three or four times if its driven that day. hell it averaged above 18 the last time I took it down to Tennessee, and I'm pretty sure it did triple digits through at least 90% of Kentucky.

Same here. Two years ago I was paying insurance for my family and had pretty good coverage. Now I'm paying for my family, two more families down the road, and a family of illegals and my own coverage is now crap.

If you think you are all of a sudden paying for "two more families down the road, and a family of illegals" and haven't been for years, you have some scapegoating issues.

Only in 'Murica!

Today I crammed a card between the driver window and the inside weather strip, to keep the window up while I'm getting a new regulator. I knew the regulator was going, and procrastinated too long....

If you think you are all of a sudden paying for "two more families down the road, and a family of illegals" and haven't been for years, you have some scapegoating issues.

I know, there have been a lot of problems, but now it's coming directly out of my pocket and not being hidden in my taxes plus irresponsible borrowing by a criminal out of control CONgress. Notice I am not pointing fingers at any specific party, both are responsible.

the gas pedal is totally digital, it only has off and full on

I was confused about what your digital/electronic pedal had to do with anything, then realized you meant digital/binary. My pedal is binary too, when I switch out of the old, fuel-starved Taurus and take the Lincoln out for the weekend. Turns start to bring out analog responses, though, to hold a speed.

Today I crammed a card between the driver window and the inside weather strip, to keep the window up while I'm getting a new regulator. I knew the regulator was going, and procrastinated too long....

Not hard to do. A reminder to all, the FIRST time you hear a strange noise when a window goes up and down, order a new regulator for that window on that very day. That first strange noise was the regulator plastic breaking. It will go downhill fast from there. Luckily, the regulator can be replaced with an hour's relaxing work. The hardest part on any of it is the rear windows use a plastic plug to attach the window to the regulator, and it goes in blind from the back side against the door skin.

lol, yeah as in full throttle or off the gas and hard on the brakes! no in between :burnout:

at this point in its life, the LS is just my hotrod... the rest of the week I just drive an old cavalier to eat up the daily commute miles and save of the fuel cost.

... the rest of the week I just drive an old cavalier to eat up the daily commute miles and save of the fuel cost.

ditto here, 97 Maxima imported from California, 202K miles on it, paid 1100 for it, needed a knock sensor, so easy on fuel, get in and go DD. Harmonic balancer and a belt since ownership, runs on Lucas, works for me for now.

Yesterday - removed cover partially, idle'd until operating temp, exercised the climate control system and windows. Held RPM's near 1800 for a bit, shut her down, put cover back on once cooled down. Back to sleep.

A reminder to all, the FIRST time you hear a strange noise when a window goes up and down, order a new regulator for that window on that very day. That first strange noise was the regulator plastic breaking. It will go downhill fast from there. Luckily, the regulator can be replaced with an hour's relaxing work.

Chapter and verse, brother. I just procrastinated when it started to creak going up. I was more proactive with the passenger side regulator last summer.

Put my wind deflectors on today:

image.jpg
image.jpg

AND refused delivery of the front pair of wheel hub assemblies that came via FedEx. Butter finger b@astards:

image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online