2002 Lincoln LS v6 Overheating. Help!!!

It's not as random as you think. You just haven't stressed the cooling system enough.
B1095 - SSCD hardware error - interesting.
B1605 - PATS bulb wire shorted - What's the PATS light doing?
U1262 - Data bus fault - If it doesn't keep coming back, don't worry about it.
P0125 - The engine isn't reaching temperature. Thermostat stuck open or removed. (You don't want to run without the correct thermostat. Removing it won't help with overheating.)

For the new lights, you probably have a wheel speed sensor failed. A code read would tell you which one.

Thank joegr for all the information you are providing since I opened this thread!

You mean I have to fix P0125 issue asap, Like replacing the thermostat?

About the lights, I know there one light that isn't working. I think is one of the brake lights, but I have replaced that bulb like 3 times.

Where can I get a code read to know the failed wheel speed sensor?

Sorry for the stupid question, what are the Pats lights?

I appreciate your time! Thanks a lot!!!!

Where can I get a code read to know the failed wheel speed sensor?

Sorry for the stupid question, what are the Pats lights?

Dealer, or someone with a Ford code specific reader.

The light at the center of the dash, near the windshield.

The PAT lights have one little led not working. I don't know how those lights are supposed to work. Should Pat lights stay on or flash one time?

The PAT lights have one little led not working. I don't know how those lights are supposed to work. Should Pat lights stay on or flash one time?

The PATS light is only one LED.
It should come on steady with the key, and go off while starting. Flashing rapidly while starting or key on indicates a problem.
It will flash slowly while the car is locked and the alarm armed (key off).

UPDATE: Since I flushed the fan cooling system fluid everything is working fine. I have drove my car over 700 miles and no more overheating! Thanks god and thank you guys!

Anyway I think I have to take look closer at the Actuator.

The ABS light disappeared without touching nothing, but the check engine stay on.

Now, Im trying to replace the clockspring and the turn signal switch. I already bought the clockspring, but I don't what turn signal switch buy since I found two; one with Moisture Sensitive Wipers and the other without it.

Thanks guys for all your help!

Your welcome, glad the "Turkey Baster" idea worked for ya!

UPDATE: Since I flushed the fan cooling system fluid everything is working fine. I have drove my car over 700 miles and no more overheating! Thanks god and thank you guys!

Anyway I think I have to take look closer at the Actuator.

The ABS light disappeared without touching nothing, but the check engine stay on.

Now, Im trying to replace the clockspring and the turn signal switch. I already bought the clockspring, but I don't what turn signal switch buy since I found two; one with Moisture Sensitive Wipers and the other without it.

Thanks guys for all your help!

Just did the clock spring myself....why do you need to replace the turn signal switch?

......Is it a common problem? If so I'm mad that I may have to tear it all apart again.

just got a 2002 LS V6 bought from a dealer who got it from an auction. I have always wanted an LS. I had the gaskets replaced and also the spark plugs. The car is overheating tho. Temp stays at half while in the highway but at 3/4 to max while on the streets, mainly 3/4. Would this be a problem with the hydraulic system not spinning that fan fast enough? Will a flush of the fluids and replacement with new fluids help this at all? or am I going to have to replace the hydraulic system (might just convert to electrical fan). no coolant leaks anywhere, just had the upper radiator hose replaced.

I also spotted a vacuum hose leak that gave me the infamous dual codes P0171 and P0174. I hope the replacement of those hoses are easy.

Members online

Back