What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Like over $200/yr :Beer Luckily I was only "overpaying" for the last 4 months since AmFam decided to increase my policy by $20/month.

new IAC and TPS for the 96, as well as a rebuilt alternator!

15785860049_3dd4947481_b.jpg
2014-12-04 21.50.09 by chris2523, on Flickr

DSCF9610_zps97cae3c5.jpg

Filled this hole with some expanding foam and painted it. I also installed a new PS pump, it's only a matter of time before something else leaks.

I actually pulled some on a mark viii in the junkyard as practice and they peeled right off. Mine however even using a heat gun cracked and melted the lens before melting the glue. It's kinda luck just finding one that will come off. It is a pita even to break it off the housing if it was like mine.

airbagrepair.jpgairbagrepair.jpgWell, ya know that glue called "the last glue you'll ever need"? Well, I put it to the test and patched a hole in the front air bag on Sthl...so far its holding!!! No I have not taken her for a drive, Im saving that for the day the conversion kit comes in. Still not sure if I should do it myself or pay a shop...Im so sick of getting ripped off. Weather here isn't that great...but who knows.

Smooches Hotties!

airbagrepair.jpg

View attachment 828470925View attachment 828470925Well, ya know that glue called "the last glue you'll ever need"? Well, I put it to the test and patched a hole in the front air bag on Sthl...so far its holding!!! No I have not taken her for a drive, Im saving that for the day the conversion kit comes in. Still not sure if I should do it myself or pay a shop...Im so sick of getting ripped off. Weather here isn't that great...but who knows.

Smooches Hotties!

I sure hope it works for you. I tried that on one of mine a few years back and it held for a little while but started leaking again. I would wrap some silicone tape around the air spring and over top of the patch to give it a little more "staying power".

Good Idea!!! I thought about something like that, but the bag is on its way out anyway. Bout glued my whole dang hand to the darn bag too! lol

That doesn't look fun....

It's not that bad actually, just VERY time consuming. We are changing the Driver side motor mount, Steering rack bushing, Oil pan gasket, and wanted to do the Oil filter adapter gasket but one of the bolts is rounded off. Really hoping the oil leak is not from the O*** as most of it looks like it's from the oil pan.

It's not that bad actually, just VERY time consuming. We are changing the Driver side motor mount, Steering rack bushing, Oil pan gasket, and wanted to do the Oil filter adapter gasket but one of the bolts is rounded off. Really hoping the oil leak is not from the O*** as most of it looks like it's from the oil pan.

My oil pan leaks a bit. Care to have some more fun? :p

It will leak soon enough, I would get that changed out.

We did everything we could to try and get that rounded bolt off but it wouldn't free up. So far it's put back together now and it had one drop of oil on the ground (maybe old oil) but will see if it continues doing that. Before that, there would be a puddle.

I've been driving the Ivory M8 since 3/2014 (when I replaced the BDA and finished the int swap) started driving the brown car again today, recently redid the trunk lock cover
20141225_165115.jpg
----
20141225_165154.jpg
---
the brown one with 17" rotors and Cobra brakes def has more stopping power than the factory set up; unfortunately the strutmasters on the brown car ride like sh_t compared to the lowered Tokicos on the Ivory car
20141130_133751.jpg
----
20141130_133822.jpg
-----
maybe I'll make time to drop the brown car...1"?? or 1.5"??

20141225_165115.jpg

20141130_133751.jpg

20141130_133822.jpg

20141225_165154.jpg

Neat. What did you use for the lock cover? Painted?
-----
yessir, carefully disassemble so the plastic lens comes of the metal base, then get rid of all the existing paint until it's clear, the hard part for me was getting the silver out of the depressed Lincoln cross...i used the Lincoln metallic charcoal gray t/u paint (same as body color) and a Porsche 'Guards' red t/u paint from my '86 Silverado...not perfect but vastly improved

Today I had to give m mark a shot of r134, man it was hot today! Other than that i also changed my speedo gear and just a touch of body work prepping for paint once the cold weather leaves... don't think I would be finished prepping before it comes, whenever that is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back