A/C Delete - How to do?

bluejay

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the 2003 Town Car. So the bearings on my A/C compressor or clutch are groaning a bit. Also it does not make cold anymore. I am too nervous to drive any distance and have been parked for a year.

I would like to remove the compressor and replace it with a dummy pulley. Alternatively, is it possible to just take it off and use a shorter length serpentine belt? I have used the search function but did not find an answer.

I have already replaced the tensioner pully. It did not solve the problem. I have to do the work myself and cannot do a complete A/C service for several reasons. I would really like to drive my car again.

I often buy my parts from Rock Auto or Napa. I just can't find what is needed? Does anyone know?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Look for an AC delete kit or AC bypass pulley for a 4.6L SOHC... I'm thinking Mustang GT? It's basically a bracket and dummy pulley.

I think you can buy the pulley/w bearings for about $100. The one on my 95 came off pretty easy.

Look for an AC delete kit or AC bypass pulley for a 4.6L SOHC... I'm thinking Mustang GT? It's basically a bracket and dummy pulley.

OK - Thank you. I will try looking using those words.

I found the product. It is Dorman part number 34191. Yes it is listed in the Mustang section with 4.6 liter sohc. I will order one Monday.

Thank you LVC :D

I bought a Dorman one for my 93, powder coated it, and it's been installed for 4 years now.
Works great.

-ryan s.

Members online

Back