New rims

SoulSoak

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Found a good deal on some rims with tires. They aren't really my ideal style, for personally I'm more of an aggressive look type of guy. I like BBS, Work, HRE, Volk etc. However I found these and am picking them up tonight for $600.

If I get enough "eww wtf"s by 6:00pm, I'll change my mind. But personally it's more of the price than the style that appeals to me. So either talk me out of it, or encourage me. Thanks guys haha

They are Forte F50 Twisted rims. 20x8.5 with 245/35/20 Kumho SPT tires.

forte_twisted_black.jpg

forte_twisted_black.jpg

Maybe someone with some photoshop skills can shop em onto the car. Looking at them off the car, definitely not my style - but might look okay on the car.

Not my cup of tea either. I'm more into wheels that look as though they came from the factory/how it should have come from the factory (hence why I LOVE Jag wheels on the LS). Honestly if it were me, I wouldn't buy a set of wheels I didn't like just because it's a good deal. If you're patient you can find a set you really like for a good price. Just my $.02 of course.

Not sure of the offset, they came off an LS though. And thanks for the replies.

Did the $600 include tires? Both of the sets of rims I have I have bought for $400 each set (of all 4), with basically brand new tires.

eww WTF

do you need wheels like you have bent wheels?

If not why not save up for what you do like?

I bought wheels off a member here for like 300 with tires, I also had bent OEM wheels. Granted it worked for me because I like them as well as they were a good deal.

Nvm I see in your original post you state they come with tires...if the tires are in good shape then it's not a terrible deal. Just a matter of preference then. I used to search craigslist daily for wheel deals and you'd be surprised what you find if you know the correct keywords to type into the search field.

Yeah I think you guys already talked me out of them. I like my oem wheels and I think once I install my eibachs I'll like them even more. I just know that I'll never get the aftermarket wheels I actually want because I'll never be able to justify investing in them to my wife haha. I'll just hang back until spring and be content with lowering springs and new oem shocks. Thanks guys

Yeah I think you guys already talked me out of them. I like my oem wheels and I think once I install my eibachs I'll like them even more. I just know that I'll never get the aftermarket wheels I actually want because I'll never be able to justify investing in them to my wife haha. I'll just hang back until spring and be content with lowering springs and new oem shocks. Thanks guys

Search on craigslist. Look by the known 5x108 manufacturers (Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln). Oh and a second thing, who gives a f what anyone else thinks of your car. If you like em - then you like em, but if you don't then there's no point in spending the money.

...........I just know that I'll never get the aftermarket wheels I actually want because I'll never be able to justify investing in them to my wife haha.......

First off........ EWWWWWWW!!!

Just ask your wife if she remembers the Firestone debacle. Then tell her your wheels were made by Firestone and in the interest of safety you need new, quality wheels!!!

Don't do it! Reconsider lol. Save up for what you really want.. I made that mistake of rushing it and I regret it.. Luckily the wheels looked OK once I put them on and lowered it

to me they look OK - and if the tires are good, it's a pretty good deal - the tires alone cost more than that if you bought new. My only issue is that on 20 inch rims w/ a 35 sidewall, the car's gonna ride like crap, and at least here in Illinois, the potholes are gonna blow out those rubber bands constantly, which will get spendy once you start bending rims - can only imagine Michigan's roads aren't any better.

Vote for eww wtf.

LOL

Soul, I do like the looks of them, however 2 things, I'd sport them in a 19" only and go for complete flat black on a light colored LS.

At the end of the day, you gotta do what you want to do not what you think others want you to do to your personal belongings, I mean look at the time I put only the Eibachs in the fronts, the slack I took for that, and yup after trying it out like that for a season I took everyone's advice and installed/lowered the rear. point being, I had to try it my way first as that's what I wanted. The fact that it took some time for me to come to my senses and realize others were right, that it didn't look right is beside the point, I wanted it like that, I did it, I tried it and eventually agreed with others but only based on my own preferences. (plus they were laying around collecting dust.)

Then there's my ugly "too large" chrome exhaust tips, they gotta come off also ... but I did what I wanted, not what others wanted.

I like the looks of those wheels, myself I favour a more deeper inside lip rim but I wouldn't hesitate to try something different down the road.

IMO 20" on the LS is too much but that's not everyone opinion, only my own taste and thoughts.

GL ... for that price ... up to you, why not? can always do something different later if you should change your mind.

~ can always take others recommendations but in the end is always up to one self to make such decisions.

Thanks a lot guys, I think it was a combination of the wheels being a decent deal and the fact that I just got a $3100 bonus at work. I'll get the suspension nice and tight, drop her some, and go from there. Again, thanks for all the input. Love this forum.

Uoowww, yeah it's that sudden handful of money that does this to us LS owners!
I would have had that hot tub with hookers in it by now if I didn't control the spending somewhat. ( hot tub will have to wait :shifty: )

Uoowww, yeah it's that sudden handful of money that does this to us LS owners!
I would have had that hot tub with hookers in it by now if I didn't control the spending somewhat. ( hot tub will have to wait :shifty: )

Lmao

Found a good deal on some rims with tires. They aren't really my ideal style, for personally I'm more of an aggressive look type of guy. I like BBS, Work, HRE, Volk etc. However I found these and am picking them up tonight for $600.

If I get enough "eww wtf"s by 6:00pm, I'll change my mind. But personally it's more of the price than the style that appeals to me. So either talk me out of it, or encourage me. Thanks guys haha

They are Forte F50 Twisted rims. 20x8.5 with 245/35/20 Kumho SPT tires.

View attachment 828470882
Finally someone else that has heard of Work alloy wheels. I had Work AeroStar 3 pcs wheels on my '88 Mustang GT. I'm looking at the new line right now but I might have to change neighborhoods first.

Finally someone else that has heard of Work alloy wheels. I had Work AeroStar 3 pcs wheels on my '88 Mustang GT. I'm looking at the new line right now but I might have to change neighborhoods first.

Yeah, I wouldn't be sporting Works around shady areas. That's big $$$ haha

who hasn't heard of work wheels?

I really want a set of rotifroms for my car, but a touch pricey

Good looking rims and a great deal in price!takes some pics when u get them put on, can't wait!!!

Members online

Back