Crazy Electrical - HVAC and Air Bag light

BigPip

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I was driving in some super cold Florida weather today with the heater on and after about 15 minutes of driving the fan stopped blowing and the display on the Climate Control looked like it rest- All the lights came on then turned off and finished with saying 90 Vent just like I had it but it wouldn't do anything. Also, the Air Bag Light (SRS not suspension) stayed on then disappeared after a few minutes then would come back on. after about 5 minutes it started flashing like normal( I believe, I didn't check to see if it was the same code it usually flashed) and just as I got the car home the heater started to work again, or should I say the fan turned back on. I ended up parking it and pulling the battery terminal.

The Last thing I did to car:
Air Bag light was flashing code 35 I believe, whatever code it was the fix was typically the ground wire behind the pass. side headlight. Made since to me because I am using the same ground for my projector lights. I took the bolt out, wire brushed the metal and the ground wire eyelet and reattached. I DID disconnect the battery first and once I reattached it and started the car I didn't get the original code any longer but a new one. Besides that, I set the clock this morning on the display and about 2 minutes later is when the problems started.

What is happening to the poor thing?

Today I was driving in some super cold Florida weather today with the heater on and after about 15 minutes of driving the fan stopped blowing and the display on the Climate Control looked like it rest- All the lights came on then turned off and finished with saying 90 Vent just like I had it but it wouldn't do anything. Also, the Air Bag Light (SRS not suspension) stayed on then disappeared after a few minutes then would come back on. after about 5 minutes it started flashing like normal( I believe, I didn't check to see if it was the same code it usually flashed) and just as I got the car home the heater started to work again, or should I say the fan turned back on. I ended up parking it and pulling the battery terminal.

The Last thing I did to car:
Air Bag light was flashing code 35 I believe, whatever code it was the fix was typically the ground wire behind the pass. side headlight. Made since to me because I am using the same ground for my projector lights. I took the bolt out, wire brushed the metal and the ground wire eyelet and reattached. I DID disconnect the battery first and once I reattached it and started the car I didn't get the original code any longer but a new one. Besides that, I set the clock this morning on the display and about 2 minutes later is when the problems started.

What is happening to the poor thing?

My eatc does that once in a while as well. 95% of the time it happens when it's <15 degrees out, right before taking off at a stop light and usually when the fan is running (At stoplight). That combo tends to make it reset/bog, some sort of power issue I would think.

It was never all that common, but It has done it much less since doing the big 3.

I have the big 3 on my car also, I am just wondering if maybe the terminal wasn't as sung as before. Maybe I will look into it again this evening.

yes, my positive battery terminal came loose this morning.
radio started cycling. weird.
but yeah, probably power supply related.

I had a problem on my 95 eating alts once a year. After the 3rd one, I found a crack in the + clamp. Since it's been changed, no more problems. On my 97 the bat light would come on and off when it felt like it. 14.4 volts all the time. Found corrosion on the regulator where it screws into the alt, losing ground. Cleaned and working good.

Last night I double checked both my terminals and the Positive was lose, not real lose but lose- I don't ever remove my (+) terminal so that was weird- No problems last night or today. Thank goodness because this arctic freeze in FL is no good, I need my heat! I mean, I had to scrap ice off my windshield today, luckily the rear defroster worked on removing the rear ice before I could even get to back.

My eatc does that once in a while as well. 95% of the time it happens when it's <15 degrees out, right before taking off at a stop light and usually when the fan is running (At stoplight). That combo tends to make it reset/bog, some sort of power issue I would think.

It was never all that common, but It has done it much less since doing the big 3.

And what would the "big 3" be referring to?

the "big 3 upgrade" refers to upgrading the charging systems cabling. usually,

1, frame to engine block
2, negative battery to frame
3, positive battery to alternator

20140622_180906.jpg
Big 3

My car did the acting up again... weird.

20140622_180906.jpg

Members online

Back