3.9 DOHC V8 Crate Motor Lincoln LS $2000

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score

Brand new Lincoln LS V8 crate motor complete with all accessories.

Price: $2000 OBO

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Seems like a "never before used motor", just can't help notice the rinse down on the floor below it.

It's a 2000 motor, would need upgraded timing chain tensioners at the very least.

worth it ? It's not far from me, could rent a van and go get it, day trip at the least.

Should bolt right in to a 2001 V8 Sport

THOUGHTS ???

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

a brand new motor is never a bad thing...

my only thought is why does a new motor need to be washed

what, brand new things can't get covered in dust and dirt sitting in the corner of a shop for who knows how long?

motor looks pretty new to me. still has those factory looking lift hooks on it too.

Dust accumulation? doesn't look to me like it's been fired once though! <shrugs>

Cool to have though. Would have to upgrade my shelving in the basement for sure.

BTW: that's $2000 CDN which is $1769.80 USD at todays rate.

Or Best Offer ... bit of a risk I think, never know what's going on inside of it.

A crate motor usually comes in a crate, hence the name. It does appear to look new going by the pictures. Lack of a crate makes me wonder as well as the soaked floor below it. If they are close it might be worth the drive if you are in need of an engine.

It's about 2 to 3 times the cost of a junkyard motor.

Kumba, in the first pic there appears to be a wooden pallet or part of a crate in the background.
that's not to say, someone opened their new package with intent of installing it but plans changed.

I agree, all signs are there that it is a brand new never before used motor but one can not always assume.

I'm currently not in need of a new motor but do have a slight tick that doesn't go away with oil changes anymore.
(drivers side and I'm sure it's the chain and tensioner that's on it's way out.)

Would be a good idea to have a replacement sitting around for when the time comes.

I might just give these guys a call and see, if they can crate it back up, secure it properly, I could send a truck for it.

or bargain with them for full asking price delivered 4 hour drive to me.

~ anyone have any idea what something like this might possibly weigh?

If you look at the first picture, the plastic cap covering the throttle body has a hole in it. Now if they washed it with that hole in the cap.....well, that cant be good.

That appears to be a legitimate Ford replacement engine. Note the condition of the exhaust manifolds, all the fasteners and the wiring harness. It also does not appear to have ever been submerged in flood waters. Ford would have produced a certain number of these and keep them in the parts warehouse distribution network to cover any warranty replacement claims/needs at the dealerships. As long as all the seals are still in place it should be fine.

Supposedly the Jaguar AJ-V8 engine was about 200kg or 441 lbs "dressed" so a Gen I Ford 3.9L should be about the same.

I'm not saying it's not a bad deal for the engine. My question is if it's indeed what it appears to be.

See if the seller will do an escrow so you can look it over when you get it. Either that or I'd just make a day trip out of it with a truck and go look at it. If you got $2000 laying around and aren't going to miss it if something goes south then I say just get it. Even if it's somehow a core it's a pretty damn clean core.

The sad part is that $2000 is starting to approach running Gen1 price range, at least around here.

Id say its a good price. Think about how much the AC, alt, PS pump, and fan pump would be worth.

If you look at the first picture, the plastic cap covering the throttle body has a hole in it. Now if they washed it with that hole in the cap.....well, that cant be good.

Was thinking the same thing when I first saw the pics, let's hope they weren't complete dummies and at least bagged it before running the hose on it.

I'm going to call them over the weekend, see what they say, see what's the lowest they'll take for it.

I personally would be more interested in a 2nd Gen motor. I've been curious to what it would take to convert to a Gen II motor

It has potential, but do you expect to have your car long enough to need another motor? I'd be more concerned about it's history than anything else. If it was plastic wrapped for all this time it's probably in pretty decent shape inside.

Any plans on FI? When and if you blow the first, you'll have a brand new one ready to go on.

Brand new Lincoln LS V8 crate motor complete with all accessories.

Price: $2000 OBO

View attachment 828470556

View attachment 828470557

View attachment 828470558

View attachment 828470559

View attachment 828470560

Seems like a "never before used motor", just can't help notice the rinse down on the floor below it.

It's a 2000 motor, would need upgraded timing chain tensioners at the very least.

worth it ? It's not far from me, could rent a van and go get it, day trip at the least.

Should bolt right in to a 2001 V8 Sport

THOUGHTS ???

View attachment 828470556

View attachment 828470557

View attachment 828470558

View attachment 828470559

View attachment 828470560

Is the motor still for sale?

Members online

Back