Radio Static

bputty

LVC Member
Reaction score
Lincoln 2006 LS. I have static in my radio. I am investigating the Amplifier Assembly - Antenna that attaches to the back glass above the head liner. Does anyone know the difference between the Visteon 3W4T-18C847-AB and a Isolator 3W4Z-18K891-AA Radio Antenna Module? Something seems to be “loose” at or near the amplifier assembly. Anybody have this problem? Any suggestions?

Don't have static all the time, but I do when I turn on the rear window defogger. Maybe you have you defogger on all the time.

There are a few threads on this. One mentioned a solution. Unfortunately, a quick search didn't turn it up. I think it had to do with the antenna isolator module above the 3rd brake light.
You shouldn't have static with the defroster on either.

On mine the cable from the isolation box to the front of the car had the teflon like insulation between the signal wire and the ground sheath shrink allowing the sheath to ground out the cable. I fought it for a while and ended up splicing in another section of cable to get decent reception. On one of my threads there are some pictures.

Members online

Back