Updates + Pictures of my Pontiac G8 GT w/ C6 Z06 Corvette wheels

Looks good Robert...love the wheel color. The only thing you need now is a drop ASAP

save the LS to take down that explorer

Ooooooh you better wait until you have TT's, built bottom end, built everything on the LS before messing with the Exploder. That is one mean machine that will rip the paint off of my G8 once I put the blower back on and tune it. ;) The only way even the G8 would be able to hang with that truck is if I TT it and run about 12 psi boost.

You need to run your car at the track so we can see what it puts down.

Opening day is the 4th. I have promised Sarah I wont run the Nitrous until after the wedding so nothing goes wrong before our race. After that, its on like donkey kong! I wont have the DR's so I'm hoping with the new shot I dont have traction issues. I dont expect anything to fantastic that day, but I have 12's coming my way or dynomite coming fro the LS

I thought the last I seen over on one of those "other" LS sites, was that he was finishing up the TT set up for it, this however was right as he was going back with the navy so...

I love Stryker blue... This is close as I'll get before starting my career: making decal schemes in Forza 4

KEaBKA7.jpg

CyXzmLL.jpg

I love me some 4 door V8s. For a little while I considered that HSV stripe for the LS. It has the right lines in the hood, but not the right character.

A G8 was at the top of my list for a replacement to the LS, but not being able to get a manual transmission on the 6.0 is a deal breaker. And while I would love a 6.2, there just wasn't enough of them made, they are very hard to find, and when you do, the price is still through the roof. Can't really stand how the GTO looks so I guess a later 1st Gen V after they switched from the 5.7 to the 6.0 is back to the top of the list...

A G8 was at the top of my list for a replacement to the LS, but not being able to get a manual transmission on the 6.0 is a deal breaker. And while I would love a 6.2, there just wasn't enough of them made, they are very hard to find, and when you do, the price is still through the roof. Can't really stand how the GTO looks so I guess a later 1st Gen V after they switched from the 5.7 to the 6.0 is back to the top of the list...

I just did some brief searching around for a G8GT Manual swap... They're all the same replies as the ones on here when people ask about performance. You would think it'd be 10x easier on a more common platform with a standardized drivetrain.

would think it'd be 10x easier on a more common platform with a standardized drivetrain.

It's not that it's as hard (or borderline impossible) as it is for the LS, but it all comes down to the electronics and little differences that make it prohibitively not cost effective to do so. At least with chevy it is more easily done but with all the work and parts (including computers) it actually is cheaper to just buy a GXP and have more a more powerful engine vs dealing with the swap bs.

I originally looked in to what needed to be done for the swap, and from what I was told, the biggest problem, is that even though it has a 6.0, its not a LS2, it's a LS2 variant (L76) and there isn't a manual transmission that bolts up to the L76. So on top of everything else, you also need to buy another 6 liter motor to replace your 6 liter... I've seen a couple of V6 base models swapped out with a 6.0 and Trans from a GTO. But if you're gonna go through the trouble of buying another V8 to replace your V8, you might as well just drop a LS3 with a LSA blower or go balls deep and drop a LS7 in it!

So it's basically the same problem keeping us from just dropping a STR blower onto our AJ motor. ****ing little differences.

Long story short, chevy should have just put a standard LS2 in G8 GT's! It would have made a lot of people much happier.

Unluckily, the SS is an Impala-sized Malibu-looking body. It is one of the most bland cars in the current sport sedan segment. I'm all for a sleeper, but not if I'm going to spend that much money on a new car.

There must be something wrong with your medulla oblongata... The SS is a damn good looking car that seriously hauls ass! The only bowtie that looks better is the 2gen CTS-V!

There must be something wrong with your medulla oblongata... The SS is a damn good looking car that seriously hauls ass! The only bowtie that looks better is the 2gen CTS-V!

Did you say SS? Here's mine....so it's a trailblazer and not a car but still SS.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414126504.547757.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414126599.504842.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414126504.547757.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414126599.504842.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back