Just hit 40k.....

danielmillermark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here for awhile. Life has been busy for me. I wanted to give an update of the Lincoln, and ask a easy question. First off the cars doing great so far. I actually had a guy stop me in the parking lot to ask if I wanted to sell it. I told him I kinda need it atm. He gave me his card, got into his 97' thunderbird n' left. Anyway my next project is the front brakes. My steering wheel shakes when I apply them. I want to do the pads and roter's through a friend of mine to save some money, but don't know if its APITA or not. If its an easy job to do then I'll have him do it... If its APITA then I'll spent the extra coin. Thought's?

The front brakes are pretty straight forward, just use a c-clamp to compress the calipers to allow room for the new brakes as they will be thicker. If you decide on changing the rears as well, then you will need one of those special tools to compress the rear calipers.

Don't forget to open the bleeder valves on the calipers before compressing them. This will allow the old cruddy fluid to be expelled rather than getting pushed back into the lines/reservoir. Just make sure you tighten them back up before you do any pedal pushing, you don't want to introduce any air into the system.

Did you ever figure out the noise coming from your transmission?

It's just brakes man, exactly the same procedure as any other car.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here for awhile. Life has been busy for me. I wanted to give an update of the Lincoln, and ask a easy question. First off the cars doing great so far. I actually had a guy stop me in the parking lot to ask if I wanted to sell it. I told him I kinda need it atm. He gave me his card, got into his 97' thunderbird n' left. Anyway my next project is the front brakes. My steering wheel shakes when I apply them. I want to do the pads and roter's through a friend of mine to save some money, but don't know if its APITA or not. If its an easy job to do then I'll have him do it... If its APITA then I'll spent the extra coin. Thought's?

As the others have said, the front brakes are no different then any other car. Socket set, c clamp and some lube is about all you'll need.

Daniel, be sure to get the best rotor you can afford and be sure to bed the pads correctly. I may be fooling myself, but NAPA had some made in USA and after suffering through the shuddering old ones, these are a smooth pleasure to use. I haven't had to change the rears, just fronts, and it was clean and easy. I needed a new wheel bearing, so did them at the same time. How are you doing? Son growing like weeds?

Members online

Back