What did you do to your LS today?

Test fitted some American Racing Torque Thrust II 17x9 in the rear. 275/40/17
I used an adapter and the rim sticks out about 1.5", but the wide tires make it look horrific. i might run 235 or a 245, and pull the fender out a bit. I neeeedd lowering springs!!!
20140920_185616.jpg

20140920_185616.jpg

Me amf thr captitn too so wlell aloong tonignth there are two forums tonight!
bo work on on the
Ls today1

censored.gif
me! my head hurts this morning, too much Captain last night, somehow found LVC with one eye covered up.

Test fitted some American Racing Torque Thrust II 17x9 in the rear. 275/40/17
I used an adapter and the rim sticks out about 1.5", but the wide tires make it look horrific. i might run 235 or a 245, and pull the fender out a bit. I neeeedd lowering springs!!!
View attachment 828469782

I like it, but then I kinda like retro wheels. Have you got a pic of the whole car with the wheels on both front and back? The only thing I don't like about it is the tires look too small in diameter, need a bit more rubber to fill up the wheel well a bit.

Got a flat the day before my Denver trip (rented a car for the trip), so I've been on the part size spare for the last week and a half. It sucks, as it isn't the same size as the other tires and doesn't have quite the same track it really affects how the rear moves in the corners. Anyway, I installed the Deeza rear links today. The old factory links were completely trashed out. Didn't realize how bad they were. I also found that it will need new sway bar links in the near future. After I did the sway bar links I removed all the wheel weights and cleaned the inside of the wheels really well with a scouring pad. The car has had a problem with slinging stick-on weights, but I don't think the tire shop has been doing a proper job of cleaning the mounting points before sticking the weights on so that problem should be solved. Tomorrow, I take it down to have a new set of Continental PureContact Eco Plus tires put on, along with a 4 wheel alignment.

In other news, I don't know where the other thread is where I spoke about the advancetrac acting up so I'll just stick it in here. A few weeks ago I reseated the wire connectors connecting the front hubs to the wiring harness and it seems to have solved the problem. The passenger side wasn't quite plugged in right, and the retainer wasn't grabbing onto the connector. I put a little silicone grease into the plug and reconnected it, and devised a wedge to hold the retainer in place. I waited a couple of weeks to make sure the problem went away, and since I did this I've not seen an Advancetrac error.

Cannot get pics to upload via my android. I will get some up later this week. I got it back yesterday. Turned out very well. I am happy with the work. .

Use 'Di-Electric' grease

The application of any sort of non-conductive grease to the actual contacts themselves can't help them make better contact at such point. You have to hope the grease gets squeezed out of the way so the two conductors can make contact. Any grease left in there is going to reduce the contact, not improve it.

If the contacts are not perfectly clean, you'd be better off using something like WD40 on them. WD40 is designed to restore electrical contacts. It is a decent solvent and will get rid of a lot of corrosion and dirt in the contacts.

~ just a thought.

Use 'Di-Electric' grease

The application of any sort of non-conductive grease to the actual contacts themselves can't help them make better contact at such point. You have to hope the grease gets squeezed out of the way so the two conductors can make contact. Any grease left in there is going to reduce the contact, not improve it.

If the contacts are not perfectly clean, you'd be better off using something like WD40 on them. WD40 is designed to restore electrical contacts. It is a decent solvent and will get rid of a lot of corrosion and dirt in the contacts.

~ just a thought.

With or without the "Captain's" help??:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry.... Couldn't help myself :p.

Did you know Bacon is a great hangover cure! or maybe it's just because it's so damn good it makes you feel better like chocolate.

dehydration was the real problem ... several cans of 5 Alive and 3 Advil's fixed that issue. Should have dranken large glass of water before bed but didn't.

Did you know Bacon is a great hangover cure! or maybe it's just because it's so damn good it makes you feel better like chocolate.

dehydration was the real problem ... several cans of 5 Alive and 3 Advil's fixed that issue. Should have dranken large glass of water before bed but didn't.

Gatorade and brown rice the night of drinking. Lacking water and electrolytes is what causes a hangover. The brown rice (fiber) is for the other end. That works for me.

Gatorade and brown rice the night of drinking. Lacking water and electrolytes is what causes a hangover. The brown rice (fiber) is for the other end. That works for me.

Well aware of what causes hangovers, tiny brain cells get dehydrated. Usually don't have problems with 26oz of the Captain but it was a large party and there was more to it if I recall correctly.

Well aware of what causes hangovers, tiny brain cells get dehydrated. Usually don't have problems with 26oz of the Captain but it was a large party and there was more to it if I recall correctly.

I just wanted to pass on my preferred "cure" (a good defense to not get one in the first place) :)

But I might just be hangover resistant

Use 'Di-Electric' grease

~ just a thought.

The silicone grease isn't there for better conductivity, it's to seal the metal of the connectors away from the elements. The sliding action of putting the connectors together clears enough grease away to make contact. My problem wasn't with the grease, it was with the connector lock not being strong enough to keep the connectors together. The wedge I put in is holding the lock in place and will keep the connectors together. Thanks though, I do appreciate the thought.

On top of my Captain (as I always do) there was beer, burgers, sausages, wings, chips dips and several assorted pasta salads.

Some cute spinner gave me a buzz cut also. Oh and a dog fight cuz some fukcnuts brought his rotty mix without asking me if that'd be alright. My shepard didn't think it was.

Large bonfire, loud tunes, late night ... rest assured the next morning it was punishment time! Happens now and then if you know what I mean, called letting-off-steam and paying-the-piper.

all in good fun!

The silicone grease isn't there for better conductivity, it's to seal the metal of the connectors away from the elements. The sliding action of putting the connectors together clears enough grease away to make contact. My problem wasn't with the grease, it was with the connector lock not being strong enough to keep the connectors together. The wedge I put in is holding the lock in place and will keep the connectors together. Thanks though, I do appreciate the thought.

Di-Electric grease is not that expensive.

So you think ... enough said, you solved your problem, that's what matters.

Members online

Back