New Rotor brand check them out

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of these for a friend. I always hate the new rotors rust up everywhere. These look pretty good for stock replacments.
001_zpsd5657eac.jpg

004_zps54b621e0.jpg

003_zps5a5de6a7.jpg

I take it you haven't tried the Duralast Platinum X2's yet?

I do normal car brakes no HP stuff.

hell I tried to look and dont see anything about either one of these rotors... I am just looking into them as i warp mine bad all the time. excessive heat. where did you get them? I know autozone is Duralast but they dont mention nor can i search their site for them.

i just painted mine. spray bombed the whole thing, and then installed them. worked fantastic.
took them apart cuz some spray paint leftover was in that little groove on the pad. and that was 2 years ago.

i just painted mine. spray bombed the whole thing, and then installed them. worked fantastic.
took them apart cuz some spray paint leftover was in that little groove on the pad. and that was 2 years ago.

I do that to, on mine. But I do 100's sets of brakes and I don't want to paint all those.

Haven't had a rotor that isn't warped by 10K of wear or so. Yeah, I drive aggressively but stopping a 2 ton car ain't easy also I guess.

Sorry for the late reply guys, I was just yankin' your chainz. :)

I need new rotors/pads for my Mark. It is serving as my DD now. I don't really need HP stuff but I also don't want cheap stuff either...suggestions on some good quality rotors for both front and back would be appreciated! I may feel energetic enough to do the work myself! Thanks!

I've been using the Raybestos Professional Grade from rockauto for a few years now without any problems.

I agree with Driller. Follow these instructions and warpage will be a thing of the past, unless you have something major wrong. I have gone to NAPA's premium rotor and have no problems with them. They also have a coating on them (vents and etc) that resists rust. This helps the rotors cooling ability.

Most people fail to break in new rotors/pads properly which causes less than optimum performance along with premature problems often perceived to be "warped rotors".

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/-warped-brake-disc-and-other-myths

Thanks for the link to the white paper. Interesting reading. I may not actually need new rotors(?). I'll have to look at them and the pads. I have a very noticeable shimmy with moderate to hard braking. I'll have to take a look at my own records. I believe I changed pads (?) in the last 38 K miles but not rotors. My Dad's records cover the first 196 K miles. At the moment I am knee deep in rear/front suspension, driveshaft and a differential swap on my 91 BMW 850i...fun stuff. I would like to do "gears", jmod, and chip too!

I've had great luck with the cheapy Ray's from pepboys. After a multiple sets of "Premium" rotors prematurely failing on past cars I refuse to buy them anymore.

P.s. Some cars just eat up rotors no matter how well they're installed/broken in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back