6 cd in-dash troubles

motley

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 LS and am having trouble with the 6 cd in-dash player. One day it sounded like a cd was jammed in the player and it would not eject any of the 6 cd's. It would just display "cd error". I bought another unit off of ebay and after I hooked up the connections it will not go into the cd mode. Whenever I push load, eject, or cd it displays "initializing". I also took apart the original cd player and removed the cd's. Now when it is hooked up it also will display "initializing" whenever eject, load, or cd is pushed. Are there any special steps that need to be taken when reconnecting the cd player?

Thanks!

i had same problem with my CD player but the dealership where i bought the car from fixed it for free under warranty.. and honestly it took them about a month and a half and THREE different players til they got it to work... they needed a lincoln technician to come out and look at it.. so good luck prob gonna be expensive if u cant get it yourself if i can ill ask them tomorrow n find out what happend (i have to get a new batt..)

My CD player had a CD stuck when I tried to eject it a few months ago. I read a thread on here where sometimes they get stuck, it will display "CD ERROR" and all you have to do is use something to push the stuck CD back in the player. For example the door is stuck open so I used another CD to 'bump' the stuck CD out. I hope you didn't go through all the trouble of new player when thats what you needed.

I removed the CD that was originally stuck but it still did not work afterwards. I could here the changer mechanism making noise trying to shuffle through the cd's. Now it does not even attempt to do that on the original or the replacement player.

Had the same problem with my '02. Took it to the local Stereo place. Cost me $150 for a rebuild. Worked fine since.
KenS from Ben's Place

So it should just be a plug and play deal. This replacement player I bought on ebay must be bad also.

I have this problem often. When the CD player heats up for some reason it doesnt like to eject the CDs. I use another CD and press down on the stuck one and it comes out fine. Not sure why it does this, but it only does it when the radio is hot. Its most likely a design flaw.

I had the same problems there was a cracked cd in there cost 40 dollars for them to crack er open and get it out

2006 LS had a CD stuck in factory player with front panel not fully closing causing the battery to run down.

I removed all fuses for radio/player from fuse panel in passanger compartment and 2 fuses from the fuse panel in trunk after I disconnected the battery.

I reinstalled all of the fuses removed and the player ejected the CD disc that was stuck when the ejection buttom was pressed.

The tempertature was warm the day the CD disc stuck and today when it ejected is much cooler.

i have a different issue - when playing CDs, sometimes it sounds like there's a fan whirring or something. does not shut off immediately if i stop playing CDs but will after some time.

i have a different issue - when playing CDs, sometimes it sounds like there's a fan whirring or something. does not shut off immediately if i stop playing CDs but will after some time.

Why is this a problem? Is it loud?

i mean it's not ear-splitting but you can hear it over the music at normal levels. nothing life or death but annoying nonetheless. just curious if anyone experienced anything like it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back