Antifreeze leaking

YoungLs1996

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is saying change the degas bottle, but I've pulled and looked at mine and there is no crack in it at all, but I still have antifreeze leaking behind my drivers side tire, I've replaces the hose leading off the degas bottle. And there is still leaking. Where could t be coming from

When the bottle gets hot, the cracks expand - hence the leak. When the bottle is cool, it's not uncommon to not be able to see any of the cracks.

Even though I do not have an overheating problem, I was thinking about replacing mine as I have a little over 150k on the original bottle.

While everybody says they have great success with the motorcraft version, I was looking to save a few bucks, has anybody tried the dorman version? seems like a good idea at half the price of the OEM...

Even though I do not have an overheating problem, I was thinking about replacing mine as I have a little over 150k on the original bottle.

While everybody says they have great success with the motorcraft version, I was looking to save a few bucks, has anybody tried the dorman version? seems like a good idea at half the price of the OEM...

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::slap::slap:

so you dont think its a good ideal? I did do a lot of searching, but didn't really see that specific question asked before.

Loud1, you are killing me here, there is not enough room in our signatures for your witty comments! +1

YoungLs, take your degas bottle and hold it up against a light, you'll see the hairline cracks better that way.
It could potentially be the line fittings but the "dripping behind drivers front wheel" is a cracked degas bottle.

degas1.jpg

degas2.jpg

GLWR

NOTE: we've recently seen a degas bottle split at the seam, which would be real hard to determine if it's partially split and leaking from there.

degas1.jpg

degas2.jpg

Members online

Back