Back to the Shop this time its the transmission

EBK

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Seems on my way to work tonight the transmission decided to stop working. As i turned a corner and attempted to accelerate I had absolutely no power going to wheels. Only way I was able to get it home was in select shift mode. In automatic it will not go in reverse or Drive. Its covered under the warranty I have but still cant help but wonder how much this is going to set me back.

Same thing happened to me, was the tcc solenoid. Don't drive it like that, too much slip will blow the transmission (it wasn't fun).

Its in the shop now towed there this morning. only drove it about 100 yards at most to get it home. ROughly what did it cost you? wrranty should cover it but I will still have to pay the labor

I ended up selling the car. New owner had me put a new transmission in it, at her cost. Removal and replacement is relatively straightforward. I think book time is around 3-4 hours. Solenoid pack replacement is pretty simple as well.

The solenoid did not repair mine, I am trying the low/reverse servo next. I had a similar problem

Members online

No members online now.
Back